CrazyBoards.org

Not sure where this goes

I am having real issues with weight loss. I am eating between 800-1200 calories a day, tracking everything I eat. I'm also working out at the gym - one week cardio, one week circuit training weight machines. Six days a week.

I had an initial weight loss of three pounds. I've been slowly gaining weight back all week. I've gained half of my weight loss back - while restrictive dieting and exercising!

Do you think this is because of my meds, specifically the 6mg risperdal? What can I do to start losing weight again?

You can move this if I'm in the wrong place.

If you're eating the same amount of cals and exercising the same amount, you should not be gaining but maintaining. This means that it is more than likely the meds. Losing weight is a whole different story.

Edit: BTW, Ashdene is a nutritionist. You could PM her.

As someone who restricts their eating, I can honestly say that it doesn't work. It's kind of a compulsive thing for me and it's something I'm working on - don't know about you.

Echoing everyone: trainers are great, as are dietitians. Key is getting good ones. Don't be afraid to interview.

Thanks for the replies. My gym is the YMCA, but trainers cost $89 and right now I just don't have it. Im on a free trial right now. Same thing with WW.

I def. don't eat low carb, it's so expensive buying proteins at the super wal-mart. I realize now that my financial state may be blocking my weight loss.

I did the week on week off thing because walking and cycling for 30 minutes each was killing my knees.

The frustrating part of this is that I lost 30 lbs a year ago simply by cutting calories. And I can't do that now. I was on geodon then.

Eggs and beans and other more vegetarian proteins usually are cheaper than meats.

One day on, one day off is a reasonable pattern or cardio one day, weights the next, then a day off. Also, you burn more calories with strength conditioning if you do a five to 10 minute cardio warm up first. An every other day combo of longer cardio and weights is good, too. On the weights, work different parts of your body on different days so that you joints and muscles get a longer rest.

I'm doing a trial of metforem to see if it makes weight loss a little more possible. Maybe ask your GP and pdoc about it.

jillian michaels' 30 day shred is great for loosing weight/gaining muscle and is only 20 minutes. it really works too - multiple people i know have used it and if you look up before and after results online, the pics are amazing.

an easy plan to go by is the nutrisystem one. not the whole buying the food crap, but just their meal planner. it's very balanced and makes you eat fairly well. if you'd like i could type it up for you.

i'm starting to crack down myself. all the weight i lost while on wellbutrin is coming back now that i've started risperdone. i know i'm on a low dose, but i really don't think i'm imagining it cuz it happened fast. i might have to talk about switching if my pdoc wants to keep me on an AP because i really can't deal with weight gain.

Archived