CrazyBoards.org

Can you check med dosage options at home?

So now my doctor has me settled on 50mg of Clozaril in the morning and 200mg at bedtime. I'm fine with this. He wrote the the script for the 25mg pills and 200mg pills that will last me till my next appointment.

What I think from a previous appointment is that one time is that I think he said they started making a 50mg of the generic "clozapine".

I know the best sources are the docs / pharmacists, but is there a way I can check of such a dosage exists at home?

(It just simplifies things for me if I could take fewer pills in the morning so finding this out just means one less pill to take in the AM; that's the only significance I find to asking this question)

I don't plan on changing the dosage, just seeing if I can condense from 2 - 25mg into 1 - 50mg.

It's just for simplicity.

Thanks,

Andy...

For me I prefer the smaller dosage pill during dosage changes. Who knows, I may need to drop the dose after I try a higher dose and find it does not work. Once things have settled down and i have decided on a dose that will work for me

I get that dosage as one pill.

nf

For me I prefer the smaller dosage pill during dosage changes. Who knows, I may need to drop the dose after I try a higher dose and find it does not work. Once things have settled down and i have decided on a dose that will work for me

I get that dosage as one pill.

nf

Actually what you are saying is what I'm wanting to do. I just didn't know how to say it in these words.

Archived