CrazyBoards.org

I am looking for something, maybe a workbook, by a professional that has to do with hoarding and help for it.

I am probably going to be getting the OCD workbook noted in the thread for other things, but I don't know if it deals specifically with hoarding.

I'm starting to work on it with my therapist. But I'd like something to augment so more talking about the behavior and its reasons happen during session.

You want things from Steketee and Frost. They are some of the top psychologists in this field. They wrote a Compulsive and Acquiring Workbook. There is another book called Buried In Treasures which is really good. There is a new book that I liked called Digging Out.

Unfortunately I know a bit about this diagnosis. Check out www.ocfoundation.org/hoarding Good luck with this issue. And you can find psychologists who specialize in hoarders at the OCD Foundation or www.academyofct.org

I read this one recently and it's really good. I intend to write a book review sooner or later.

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=crazyboards05-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&asins=0547422555" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Guest Recluse

Thanks for asking the question, Chem, and thanks everyone else for answering. I've been looking for something similar to help encourage my mother to get help for her hoarding problem, this goes a long way to sorting that situation out.

Archived