CrazyBoards.org

stupid qu body lotion/SH

Guest kelly 01

Guest kelly 01

Well I am going home for a couple of days this weekend, and I was wondering of easy ways of getting rid of cuts or hiding at least. I was told rubbing body lotion onto the body where cuts are present will help them heal faster.....does any one know if this is true? I mean the cuts look okay at the moment and don't to bad but I havn't seen my family for a month as I live in london and they live in brigthon.So I want it to be a happy time not for them to be upset that I cut .

Get vitamin E gel pills, break them open, and rub the liquid on the scars (only scars, not on open wounds or healing cuts!), that's what I did when I wanted to diminish scar appearance. I'm not sure if regular body lotion will help or not. Good luck!

vitamin e oil is great for making things heal faster.

are they open or just red marks? if everything's healed up and you're just dealing with redness, then a good concealer can help out. don't put it on anything open though.

and i know this could be considered as encouraging si, but i've also been in the place where you're trying to stop and haven't been able to yet and the stress of someone finding out/possibly finding out can make things worse. hope you're doing well though.

Do not put any kind of lotion or scar remover on any wound unless you're completely sure it's healed to a scar. I'm no expert, but I believe they can facilitate or worsen infection.

edited for clarity

I'm using something called "Bio Oil" at the moment, it's got vitamin e and a bunch of other stuff, it's working well to reduce the scars slightly and certainly to make them the same colour as the other skin finally. I think it's available throughout the UK but I'm not sure.

It's marketed as being for scars and stretchmarks and dry skin.

best way to not scar up with open wounds is good old neosporin, I think, and keeping them covered and clean. Then you can go the vitamin e, reduce scars route.

Bandage. keep clean. Use topical antibiotics. I am very serious about this. DON't ignore scars, or glorify them, as much as possible, and you are less likely to end up with something nasty if you are trying not to si and fail.

good luck to all who are trying. I STILL have some burn scars on my arm which are largely unnoticeable any more although were SO BAD that I had to tell my parents they were infected mosquito bites (did they buy this? How? They were so clearly cig burning scars, man) in any case I started burning soles of feet after that which was better for me, at least socially.

Not to encourage, by that. It was not so cool when I walked, but I am SO GLAD the scars have faded so that they are just pale white spots when I tan in summer. That was not a good time of adolescence, man.

Hopeing that you are all checking out the 'instead of" thread, it's a good one.

Anna

Archived