CrazyBoards.org

3 "enters" instead of 2 after 1st paragrah

It seems to be when I make some posts, after the first paragraph, it makes 3 enters before starting the 2nd and that's not how I'm making the post.

For example like instead of making the post:

A

B... C...

It's doing this...

A

B... C...

An example of where it did this is here:

http://www.crazyboar..._20#entry459579

I hope this makes since and I hope you can figure it out.

Thanks,

Andy.

I have never had this problem before.

It's not a bbcode or processing error - there are clearly three linebreaks in that post when I click the edit button. I think you accidentally pressed the enter key three times or something.

And of all the things you should be concerned about, you're complaining about whitespace?

Andy, this is a situation in which you need to look at The Big Picture.

I understand something like the white space might bother you, but you have to look at what goes into running a large site like this. Think of how many posts are made a day. Maybe you have no idea. Right now, it's about 250 a day. I have no idea how many blog posts are made a day, but we have over 25, 500 published entries, so it's gotta be a lot. [plus add comments to that]

This does not include the ones people delete or the ones that are spam. All of these posts are read and followed, chat is kept up with, lives are kept up with, other, more pressing technical glitches [such as spam getting through] are being dealt with.

In all of that, you need to ask yourself if something like an extra return is a pressing concern. And if so, if it would be to the entire board, enough to start a topic about it. If it's something that would really only involve someone on the moderating team, maybe it's best to PM one of the moderators, instead of starting a new topic.

But really, when something like this comes up, just sit back first and weigh out the situation. "Is it that big of a deal?"

But like others have said, I haven't had this happen so I have a feeling the glitch might be on your end, particularly if it doesn't happen every single time.

Take care.

Luna.

Guest Vapourware

This is the first time someone's complained about extra whitespace...is it really that big of a deal, especially if it's workable?

Yes, this is offically a glitch (if it even is) that is no big deal.

i do this all the time. I think I accidentally hit post twice, and can do that now I'm a mod, so some functions have changed for me. I dunno.

This a poor operator problem, possibly, not a glitch, and if it is a glitch, it's ok.

Please report us spam, if you must do something.

Anna

Archived