CrazyBoards.org

Well, good news

My new job is actually going pretty well. My cycle times have gotten interesting though. I actually had 1/2 a month up and 1/2 a month down over the course of January, so at least my mood charting system works. I need to get more sleep. I'm hoping to get back on meds maybe in February, I just need to get my bloodwork done, hopefully this weekend or next. I should start having insurance on February 10th. I have to say, that my ability to disbelieve my own thoughts and emotional states has been a key part of avoiding any irrational behavior or problems this past month. It's not easy, but I am making it work. The only way to heal the mind is to transcend it. Oh, and I found a really, really great support group near where I live. I am very happy about that. Hope other people are having some success.

I'm so glad things have beem going better for you, and you've got insurance coming up soon.

But, "The only way to heal the mind is to transcend it," is just the kind of sentence that irks me, both because of the new agey jargon (not a fan of any jargon, it's not a specific to new age thing), and because it's so bereft of actual meaning. There's just no definition of,"transcend," the use of which allows that sentence to carry any meaning.

Linguistic nazi. I know. Can't be helped, blame my parents.

Ok, lets get more specific. The only way to beat this thing is to learn to disbelieve your own thoughts and emotional responses. They aren't real. My thoughts and feelings aren't me. That help with the new agey thing?

But, "The only way to heal the mind is to transcend it," is just the kind of sentence that irks me, both because of the new agey jargon (not a fan of any jargon, it's not a specific to new age thing), and because it's so bereft of actual meaning. There's just no definition of,"transcend," the use of which allows that sentence to carry any meaning.

Linguistic nazi. I know. Can't be helped, blame my parents.

Archived