CrazyBoards.org

What kind? And why?

Just wondering if I should be doing that, as i just noticed I have 2 thin spots in my hair. :( I did just dye it, not sure if that has anything to do w it, but eek. :( However, I would take balding over crazy any day.

i do take NAC (to augment crazy meds, there are studies that it helps) I also take niacinomide to deal with cholesterol issues, was taking fish oil but had to d/c due to bleeding blood thining issues for now, and a supplement for blood sugar that I forget the name of right now. It works well, similar to metformin.

If you are looking for hair loss supplements, do a search, I believe it's been discussed here quite a bit but I can't remember where...

Anna

Yeah, I think there's a thread or two on this.

I take Vitamin D3 5,000 IU (deficient), Algal Oil (DHA - just taking it for medical health, not mood stabilization), and prenatal vitamins (they make my nails nice).

At my grocery store, there is a "hair and nails" vitamin, I know it has biotin but I'm not sure what else is in it. I've never taken it (I'm getting a paradoxical reaction to Lamictal, instead of losing hair, I'm shedding LESS hair daily).

As for what I take

calcium (my mom has osteoporosis under age 60),

magnesium (for headache/migraine prevention, per GP),

fish oil (but only the recommended dose on the bottle, not high enough for mood stuff I don't think),

4000mg D3 (pdoc and GP want my levels over 50, right now it's just 32),

and potassium (just 3% daily RDA supp - to see if low potassium is what is effecting my night vision).

edited to change formatting/hopefully make easier to read

I have a hair and nails vitamin here, but I stopped taking it last year because it has iron in it and was making me constipated. :rolleyes: Just what you wanted to know. ;) I should see if I can find one without iron.

I take a Centrum Performance multivitamin once a day... when I've tried anything beyond that, I find it just becomes too much to keep up with, and they don't make enough of a difference to tweak them as easily as drugs.

I take a daily multi-vitamin (because I know I don't cook/eat a well as I should.) and a fish oil, as I can't eat fish, and it was recommended by Dr. (ECG looked as though I had once had a minor heart attack, but nothing I could recall., and no sign of current problems.)

Omega 3 (helps my depression)

L-Tryosine (raises my Norepinephrine)

L-Dopa (raises my Dopamine)

Was taking B-Complex, but I switched that out for a larger amount of B6:

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is required for the synthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and norepinephrine and for myelin formation.

It helps with the Depression of PMDD, so logic says that it could be helpful with MI.

Oh, and Vitamin C.. almost forgot that one. I need to take a multivitamin but most of them upset my stomach.

I take a bunch.

- A multi

- D - deficient

- C - my skin seems to like it

- Chromium - it works to stabilize blood sugar, and my pdoc has the notion it might help to alleviate AAP weight gain/ diabetes risk.

- Mucuna Pruriens - dopamine precursor, seems to help with memory, and kind of mental clarity.

- Rhodiola, Gingko Biloba, Huperzine-A, and Eleuthero - more of that mental clarity/energy and memory goodness.

- Magnesium

- Calcium

- Some kind of vegetarian alternative to fish oil. It's not flax, but I can never remember what it is.

-

All of mine are approved by my GP:

Multivitamin

Flaxseed oil (2000mg daily)

Calcium with Vitamin D (Calcium 1200mg, Vit. D 800mg)

Niacin (2000mg daily, for cholesterol)

Magnesium and zinc, to help the calcium be more effective

Three full-size aspirin (stroke prevention)

I have to say that since I started taking the Niacin, my hair seems to be thicker and shinier. It might be my imagination, but it does. However, that is a mega-dose and shouldn't be tried without a doctor's supervision.

olga

Archived