CrazyBoards.org

Decided to do the introduction thing...

Hi.

My name is Linda. Linda means pretty in Spanish and although I need to lose about 100lbs I tend to hold true to my name. Now don't shoot me.

That was a positive attribute. Now what other things can I say about myself that are positive?

I am analytical and good at "reading" people and situations, kinda like in that TV show called The Mentalist but not as extreme. I am just highly observant and open.

As for negative attributes and there are many, I am overly-analytical to the point of not having "feelings." I feel like a computer sometimes. I used to be highly passionate and emotional but those days ended over 2 decades ago. Now I am semi-frozen, like emotionally paralyzed or something that I can't quite understand fully. Perhaps its a coping mechanism or it could be, as my Pdoc suggests, negative symptoms arising from what might be mild schizo-affective disorder.

I indeed have some issues with MI.

It started with the dx of ADHD/ADD at age 11 and from there spiraled downwards.

I am now at the ripe old age of 30.

In my own humble opinion, I had reactive bipolar as a kid/teen caused by being bullied and having controlling parents who were sometimes a bit borderline, but I'm mostly blaming the bullies who picked on my eye disorder- My eyes shake back and forth involuntarily sometimes. Its a condition I was born with and there is no cure but it stays basically the same forever unless it gets better. I feel mine might've gotten better.

So i think it was reactive bipolar w/some psychotic elements.

Now, me, as an adult, without bullies and school- I feel dysthymic - aka mildly depressed, and I have too many inhibitions. The inhibitions make me lack a social life and act awkwardly. When I get drunk I realize what I am missing but I am also exceedingly euphoric when drunk so I can't say its realistic. I am not really a drinker though. I tend to abstain and have become allergic to wine and beer to some extent- My face turns beet red after just one sip and feels hot, hot, hot.

I take Abilify 20mg and Prozac 10mg and don't know what to say during therapy. Its hard to find things to say when I feel bionic.

Welcome to CB :)

I fight with the bionic feeling from time to time. Well, I'm either blah emotionless or crying quietly in my office. Mostly crying but I do fight with the robotic feeling in between bursts of emotion.

As far as not knowing what to say during therapy, my therapist has a sneaky little way of latching onto something and getting it to come out. Even though I don't know what I SHOULD say I generally end up saying too much and she latches onto it like white on rice.

I think you'll like CB. I find it helps to read other people's posts and step outside of yourself. Look forward to seeing you around!

Linda, you sound like me. It's so weird. Like even the eyes. It may not be the same thing, but I only use one eye at a time and the closest I get to using two eyes is rapidly going back and forth between each eye. Also bullied, borderline, bipolar, psychotic at some point. Social problems...thought I was aspergers or something at one point. Logical, mathamatical, alalytical. Not to say I couldn't be irrational during episodes of crazy! Sorry, this is not about me, it's about you, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone, and that I am glad that the very first message I have ever read has also allowed me to not be alone too! Wow!

Dawn.

Archived