CrazyBoards.org

I've realised in the past two years that I'm very content during the summer,but once it gets to mid October I start to get very down and unmotivated,then march comes again and the weather gets better,I start feeling alot better. Anyway at the moment I'm just aching for summer,I'm sick of being like this,I want to get out of these track suits and hoodies which cut my self confidence as they make me look manish and fat..I want to wear shorts and t-shirts and not feel so down,and do things! I feel really anxious! I always seem to feel anxious when I'm waiting for something to happen, even if it's a good or normal thing. I always just feel anxious and ive been anxious for days! The weathers getting brighter but it's still freezing so it's not quite there. I don't know what to do I hate this feeling of anxiety and depression. Does anyone feel the same or have any advice? :(

I have a Happy Light (10,000 lux) that works pretty well.

If you want a cheaper solution, get one of those sockets that splits into 2 (you can use several in-line) and get some full-spectrum CFL bulbs.

Bundle up and go outside for a while in the AM when you can, even if it's cold. Helps some. Pay attention if you use lights. Stop if they bother your eyes. I sensitized mine.

I doubt if track suits make you look mannish. Too stretchy. Unless they're two sizes too big. But what's wrong with that? Butch can be attractive too. Anyway, your mind and the way you behave have more to do with how you are perceived.

I'm not trying to discount your experience. I've felt very down in winter as well, though for me December is the worst. I don't tend to have the problem as much as I used to, though I had a couple of very cranky hours today. I do still seem to get spacier this time of year.

I think SAD is a serious problem for a lot of people. Light boxes help some folks, but I also think getting outdoors and getting exercise is a help. I know it's cold, but if you bundle up correctly and wear warm mittens and boots, you won't get frostbite or anything. Maybe try going out in the early afternoon when the day is at its warmest and the sun is as high in the sky as it's going to get?

It helps me, but I love the cold so I know I'm weird.

olga

I think SAD is a serious problem for a lot of people. Light boxes help some folks, but I also think getting outdoors and getting exercise is a help. I know it's cold, but if you bundle up correctly and wear warm mittens and boots, you won't get frostbite or anything. Maybe try going out in the early afternoon when the day is at its warmest and the sun is as high in the sky as it's going to get?

It helps me, but I love the cold so I know I'm weird.

olga

I have been walking during the day which has helped alot,but I'm anaemic and get very tired very quickly,if I wake up at 9am by 2 I'm falling asleep, and that's if I get my eight hours. Which means by the time i get a chance to go out and walk im so exhausted i dont. Also it's not just the lighting of summer,it's the heat and energy I get from it. Artificial lighting does no good! Thanks anyway. :)

Bundle up and go outside for a while in the AM when you can, even if it's cold. Helps some. Pay attention if you use lights. Stop if they bother your eyes. I sensitized mine.

I doubt if track suits make you look mannish. Too stretchy. Unless they're two sizes too big. But what's wrong with that? Butch can be attractive too. Anyway, your mind and the way you behave have more to do with how you are perceived.

I'm not trying to discount your experience. I've felt very down in winter as well, though for me December is the worst. I don't tend to have the problem as much as I used to, though I had a couple of very cranky hours today. I do still seem to get spacier this time of year.

No artificial lighting doesn't help,thanks though. Yeah walking helps I've tried,but it's hard because aswell as my aneamia which causes me to tire very easily,I am quite busy. Between school,work,extra activities and social life I hardly find time for it except on the weekends. I try my best.

Lol yes see my tracksuits are quite big,and not the stretchy kind bit the cotton kind!

Full spectrum light bulbs do not help me at all, but I have a light box, and IF I use it every day, it gets me through the winter. Otherwise, I feel like crap starting about mid december and get worse and worse until spring hits. Being outside when it's not sunny doesn't help me one bit.

Hope you find something that works. Good luck

Archived