CrazyBoards.org

im desperate to SI but i dont want to, what else can i do?

hey ive had a really really bad bad, although i dont know why. Ive been feeling stressed and anxious and reallly down.

i want to SI but im trying to resist. are there any other things i could be doing? im trying do suoku at the moment but the thoughts are still there, i ve taken a few of my lorazepam tablets to help calm me but its not working yet.

Anything that works for you? like the ruber band thing etc etc

tips in avoiding SI wll be appreciated

thank

I'm a little late, but I wanted to offer you some suggestions anyway.

If you start to feel really down and anxious, maybe it would help to try other self-soothing things. A long, warm shower, maybe, or a self-done pedicure, or even just rubbing scent or body oil into the parts of yourself that you want to harm. I find when I start to feel really anxious and my stomach becomes upset, it helps to rub jasmine or peppermint oil into my wrists. There is a pressure point on the inside of the wrist that alleviates nausea when rubbed. Feet are also a good area to focus on if you feel stressed. Rubbing your feet and calves can be very relaxing.

Do you have anyone you can talk to when you start to feel bad? Sometimes getting it off my chest, even just in writing, helps. I find it really useful to try and write down the way I feel. I don't try to explain it, I just try to describe it.

edited to fix a typo

Take a brisk walk! I swear to you, it helps. Especially if you have somewhere to go or something small to do, like go to the store or bank or something, so you are distracted from your problem and don't feel like you're wasting your time. It does wonders for anxiety. I think it has something to do with how you tend to breathe when you're walking at a brisk pace.

Hey thanks for replying! Sorry i have been away from home a couple of days. I spent one day in hospital but all is better now, thank you for the tips, i have found that taking baths and walks are helpful. I will also try out the ice cube on the wrist, thank you i appreciate this :) x

Archived