CrazyBoards.org

I think my depression is getting worse ....i haven't bath or showered in over 4 weeks or washed myself .

I just have no motivation to do it at all ...If it wasn't for my husband reminding me to eat i wouldn't

My husband has reminded me to go and have a shower but tell him i will do it later because i either feel to vulnerable or triggered to shower.

I know it's disgusting that i haven't done it in so long ....

i have seen my GP about feeling depressed and suicidal but all she did was note it down and that was it

I see my psych on the 15th of Feb ..i tried to get a sooner appointment and that was all they had.

am unsure what to do ...i cant just go and have a shower because my husband isn't home and i cant get in the shower myself and i feel to vulnerable at the moment.

Am on anti depressants and i have been taking them everyday like i should ....i called them and told them what was going on and they gave me the 9th of Feb .....unsure if i can last that long ....got my dr on the 4th can say something again to her ....unsure if she will do anything

That is some serious depression. I get like this when I have a bad stretch. =(

If you call and try to get an earlier appiontment they may say 'go to the ER' which is a tough decision. The ER is not a fun place to visit for psych issues of this nature. It may trigger your PTSD and be pretty unpleasant. I say this from experience.

I hope you manage to see your regular pdoc soon!

I'd rather avoid going to ER/ A&E because there are too many people there and it's a very frighting place to be and as you said will trigger my PTSD as well .

I will get my husband to call them for me tomorrow and she if they will give me another appointment .

my mother is here for a few days and she isn't very understanding about my mental health i dont feel like i want to hurt anyone now ....my nieces are away home now ...so they are safe ....am still feeling suicidal and i have cut once today when my husband was out he is here now and can keep an eye on me .

With my mother i have to pretend that everything is fine because she treats me like am making it all up she thinks i have stopped cutting and that i have no problems ....she dont know about my DX apart from my depression and she thinks that it nothing really bad also she has the worry about my dad he is very depressed at the moment and also suicidal ( my 18 year old niece is keeping an eye on him for the few days my mother is here ) .....she treats him like dirt because of his depression and thinks it all attention seeking when he tried to kill himself a few years ago and he was admitted in to the hospital for a few months .

I feel if i tell her how i feel that she will say its just me attention seeking and that there is nothing wrong with me .

She is here for 2 and a half days most of the time i will be busy as she wants to "help" clean the house as it's not up to her standers of being clean

I wont do anything while my mum is here ....like killing myself ....but i may cut if am feeling bad enough

Yes am in the uk i can call the crisis team and tell them what has been going on but i cant until my mum goes to bed ....but i cant go down there .

Archived