CrazyBoards.org

Just moved, any tips?

So, on the 31st, I moved into a new place. It's nicer and cheaper than my old place and more centrally located. But despite this and, despite surviving the moving process without crying, barfing or having a nervous breakdown, I'm still quite anxious about the move. What has helped you in the past, to get over the anxiety and fear of a new place and help settle in?

I agree with Titania. For me, my last move was into a condo I bought (my first!). I was also moving in by myself. unpack enough for you to feel at home and comfortable. For me, I needed to paint (i have no idea what the last person was thinking...) but I got so obsessed with paint colors and feng shui that it was keeping me up all night and got me more anxious.

Realize you have time to get everything right. now that the move is over just relax and go at a comfortable pace. Get out of the house, especially when you are feeling anxious. my last tdoc said "make your house a happy place".

Time. moves are way up there on the list of stressful events, even good moves. Every time I MOVE I freak, mostly because I don't knwo where all my rpecious stuff is, and I do stuff like walk into walls and things. i find moving to be HIGH on the list of difficutlt things to do.

Unpack slowly and surely, don't rush.

get to know neighbors if you like that kind of thing, it can make things feel more homey. If this is stressful, don't.

Walk aroudn and explore the outdoors, this will help with stress AND get you acclimated.

Anna

Archived