CrazyBoards.org

I have been taking abilify and efevelon for about a year from depression and bypolar. i gained 30 pounds. nothing helps. i am quitting today. please, anyone who quit- how lon does it take for the weight to go back to normal?

my doctor wont take me off it because he says he doesnt care about my weiht, he cares about my health. but since i gained all this weight my life became a nightmare- i dont want to socialize or see onyone, everyone asks why i gained so much, i dont want to be around people and it impacts my job and my husband left me because of it. in other words- i have no life anymore so whats the point? as for diet and exsercise- i didnt change my diet while on it and still gained, so shouldnt the weight just come off? also, i tried dieting- for 2 weeks i only drank liquid...you know what? i lost some weiht, very little and then it all came back in a few days. i m desperate

Guest Vapourware

Sorry to hear about your weight gain and that your husband left you. Although if your husband left you over weight gain, then I suspect there were other major problems in the relationship or that, like Anna said, he was not a nice man anyways.

Losing weight can be hard. Don't expect the weight to drop off - you'll have to work on your diet and exercise if you want to lose the weight. You might have to talk to a nutritionist.

I think you should talk to your doctor again and see if you can take another drug to control the symptoms that Abilify is being used at present to control. Also, see if your doctor will help you with a tapering schedule. Otherwise you'll see a return of symptoms which may cause more havoc in your life than the weight gain that Abilify caused.

my doctor wont take me off it because he says he doesnt care about my weiht, he cares about my health. but since i gained all this weight my life became a nightmare- i dont want to socialize or see onyone, everyone asks why i gained so much, i dont want to be around people and it impacts my job and my husband left me because of it. in other words- i have no life anymore so whats the point? as for diet and exsercise- i didnt change my diet while on it and still gained, so shouldnt the weight just come off? also, i tried dieting- for 2 weeks i only drank liquid...you know what? i lost some weiht, very little and then it all came back in a few days. i m desperate

As he should. If you want to stop it, fine. But you need to do it under his supervision. There are other options.

Archived