CrazyBoards.org

Does Seroquel work for anyone around here?

I've been on Seroquel in the past for sleep at very low dosage 150 mg. Its left me feeling good

within a short amount of time and gave me some pretty good sleep.

I've been thinking about talking to my pdoc about the possibility of extended release during the

day *never been on it before* and some instant release at bedtime.

Anyone do Seroquel in this fashion? Results?

I love my Seroquel ER. It is great for anxiety, racing thoughts. I take a little extra when I start to rev up.

I do have a family history of diabetes so I exercize regularly and always check my glucose level when i do my blood work.

I take both Seroquel XR and the regular stuff. I take 450mg XR in the morning and 100mg regular Seroquel at bedtime. This combination is nicely controlling my psychotic symptoms, and it's a pretty low dose for Seroquel used as an antipsychotic (compared to being used as a sleep aid or an antidepressant add-on). I was on a lot higher dose when I was just taking the regular Seroquel.

If you're feeling good, why switch from what you're already taking? Or, what symptoms are you trying to control by being on Seroquel XR? Just curious as to the reason behind the switch.

Seroquel XR isn't available to me as a generic, and my drug plan only covers generics, and it's over $400 a month just for the XR. I rely on samples from my pdoc, but that won't last forever. I guess I pointed that out as another thing to consider.

I take both Seroquel XR and the regular stuff. I take 450mg XR in the morning and 100mg regular Seroquel at bedtime. This combination is nicely controlling my psychotic symptoms, and it's a pretty low dose for Seroquel used as an antipsychotic (compared to being used as a sleep aid or an antidepressant add-on). I was on a lot higher dose when I was just taking the regular Seroquel.

If you're feeling good, why switch from what you're already taking? Or, what symptoms are you trying to control by being on Seroquel XR? Just curious as to the reason behind the switch.

Seroquel XR isn't available to me as a generic, and my drug plan only covers generics, and it's over $400 a month just for the XR. I rely on samples from my pdoc, but that won't last forever. I guess I pointed that out as another thing to consider.

Hey there.

The problem is that I am not feeling good. The current AP that I am taking is leaving me feeling exhausted round the clock (except

at bedtime since I've been sleeping throughout the day :cussing: ). I've also had a return of suicidal ideation since starting the other a

few weeks back.

I am trying to control the negative symptoms of schizoaffective as well as ruminating thoughts. I've lived this way for so long and

I am looking for some relief. I have found regular Seroquel to be helpful in lower doses at bedtime so I am really curious about how

the XR would work for me around the clock.

I take 300 xr when I wake up and 400 reg when I am getting ready for bed. For me it has been a god send. I am slowly coming off the abilify, haven't updated the sig yet but I am down to 10 mgs of abilify before bed. I couldn't live without my xr during the day. When I miss a dose or two from just plain forgetfullness I can really feel a difference. My pdoc is very happy with my doses and she suggested the xr dose. I used to be on the same doses 300 and 400 both regular but since switching one I feel great throughout the day and night. I haven't noticed any side effects I can't control with diet and exercise.

That's exactly what I do.

I started on 150 mg of the IR at night for sleep and I noticed it was helping me so I added 150 XR in the morning. Seroquel is one of the only medications that has ever really worked for me for any length of time. I LOOOOOOVE my Seroquel. Any doc trying to take me off it will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Hey there.

The problem is that I am not feeling good.

Sorry - I misread your original post as though you were feeling good now. In any case, I'm like a few others here - they can pry the Seroquel from me when I'm dead.

Hey there.

The problem is that I am not feeling good.

Sorry - I misread your original post as though you were feeling good now. In any case, I'm like a few others here - they can pry the Seroquel from me when I'm dead.

That's ok.

It seems like for those who take Seroquel, and it works, there is a real loyalty to the med.

I just came back from pdoc....started me on XR....50 mgs today....100 mgs. tommorrow....150 day after....200 after that until

I see him again next week.

yeah, when the quel works well, it can be an utter Godsend. i am on saphris now which i love and I still am mourning (and tapering) the seroquel, sadly, and with great mourning, as though losing a longtime friend....

it used to be the med I'd grab first if there were a fire (Theoretically).

anna

Ive taken both regular and xr up to 700mg's .The xr constantly makes me feel like shit, don't know why just does . The main reason i stopped it though was bad lab work high cholesterol and lipids. I have heart disease in my family my dads had 2 heart attacks and i already take pravastatin so it wasnt worth the risk.

Archived