CrazyBoards.org

Saving Threads on Hard Drive

This question may be answered somewhere already. If so, perhaps you could provide me a link. The question is this:

Is there a way to save a thread to my hard drive?

If so, at some point in the future I might want to look at the archived thread to see what I said at a given point in time, with the time/date stamp, and also see what other people said on the topic .

I can do this with my personal e-mail, and it helps me know how I was feeling and thinking at a given point in time.

Thanks

You don't have to do anything special. It's the same as saving any other page you're looking at in your browser, pretty much. File->Save, or ctrl-s/cmd-s, or whatever you normally do, and there you go: a file on your hard drive that has whatever you were looking at in it. You would have to do that for each page of each thread you want to get the whole thing, though.

Find the little icon of a down arrow pointing to a hard disk under the "share this topic" links at the bottom of every thread. Click on that. That will give you nice reformatted version of the page zipped up and ready to download.

Huh. That's kind of useful. Who knew? I never noticed, because my mind automatically filters out that entire row of icons after seeing Twitter and Facebook and stuff.

Archived