CrazyBoards.org

Just started Lexapro 10mg

Hi! I'm new to forums, this is my first. I started Lexapro 10mg three days ago and have noticed huge changes already. I feel motivated to get out of the house and go to the gym. I'm being a lot nicer to people around me. I don't have that "it's the end of the world" feeling anymore. Side effects: dry mouth, really hard to fall asleep because my body aches, zoned out feeling, and not hungry.

I joined this forum to hear other peoples experiences while on Lexapro. I'll continue to share my experiences as this is my first try of taking medicine and not self medicating myself with alcohol. I'm no longer drinking as well.

I am extremely surprised how this tiny pill has made me feel already.

I experienced muscle weakness on lexapro at 10mg and up, which my doc totally denied being related to lexapro. It pushed me into angry, mild mixed states too, even though Im not bipolar. I also developed extreme apathy and weight gain from it. Maybe this was the depression creeping back in? Those effects can all be related to depression too. So if you are back at the gym dont let yourself slide off of that routine! Maximize the benefits when you can. =)

If you run into problems on lexapro, wellbutrin is often used to counteract the apathy and weight gain.

Lexapro didn't do anything for me, but I didn't have any negative reaction from it either. Stick with it and see how it goes. It sounds like a good fit so far. :)

Welcome to CB! Feel free to PM a mod if you have any questions.

Great to hear it's working so well for you :)

I took Lexapro as a teenager. It seemed to help at first when I was also on Zyprexa. Was gaining too much weight so dropped the Z. Next thing I remember was a very premeditated suicide attempt and a psych ward stay. They took me off it in there. Maybe it just stopped working or maybe the boxed warnings aren't all BS, I dont know.

I love lexapro. It is the second half of my magic combo. The changes were immediate and wonderful and fabulous.

There were some sleeping issues until my body settled on the best time to take the pill - in the morning with my wellbutrin. Hubby and a good friend claim I talk more & there are some possible stomach issues but I don't give a flying flock. Lexapro changed my life and it is all good.

Archived