CrazyBoards.org

quick question: 2mg of risperdal and mild facial twitches/spasms (i feel them, but you'd probably only notice them if i pointed it out) primarily on the right side. something i should worry about? what does this warrant, if anything?

thanks!

called and he said it doesn't sound like any of the bad movement disorders from AAPs, so to keep taking meds and take benadryl or vistaril for 24hrs to see if that helps since he thinks it might be anxiety related (i dunno, maybe, i was a bit keyed up today) and that he'd check up on me tomorrow. blegh. i hate calling for no real reason.

called and he said it doesn't sound like any of the bad movement disorders from AAPs, so to keep taking meds and take benadryl or vistaril for 24hrs to see if that helps since he thinks it might be anxiety related (i dunno, maybe, i was a bit keyed up today) and that he'd check up on me tomorrow. blegh. i hate calling for no real reason.

It is a real reason. He knows your case better than I do, so he has a more compressive perspective - that's all. You didn't really need to call tonight, but it does warrant a call nonetheless. It's much better to be safe than sorry. His reasoning is good, rule out other things before thinking of changing anything - but he does want you to check in, that's something. Movement disorders are progressive and a bad thing. Him knowing that there may be a problem is important.. even if it turns out to be nothing.

It is a real reason. He knows your case better than I do, so he has a more compressive perspective - that's all. You didn't really need to call tonight, but it does warrant a call nonetheless. It's much better to be safe than sorry. His reasoning is good, rule out other things before thinking of changing anything - but he does want you to check in, that's something. Movement disorders are progressive and a bad thing. Him knowing that there may be a problem is important.. even if it turns out to be nothing.

i would've waited 'til the morning, but my husband kept flicking me in the head until i called (i have a history of not calling when i should). heh.

i just makes me die a little inside when i feel like i've done something stupid, whether it actually is or not. add that to my list of issues i guess...

thanks for all your help though! makes me feel less stupid, which is a really big thing, so thanks. :)

Archived