CrazyBoards.org

My cocktail

Guest clover42

Guest clover42

I take Prozac 40 mg 1x per day, Abilify 2 mg 1x per day, Lamictal 100mg 1x per day, Concerta 54mg 1 x per day and Klonopin 1 mg as needed per day, but no more than 3 mgs.

I was feeling better for awhile but feel as I'm slipping downward again. Should I ask my doc to increase the Prozac? Concerta is prescribed off-label for depression.

If you are slipping, it is time to call you pdoc. As for which med to tweak, talk that over with your pdoc. The one that helped the most when starting might be it, but that depends on whether you can readily tell and also on your pdoc's knowledge of you and the meds. Focus on giving your pdoc a fair description of what is going on. Take notes to bring if necessary. I do sometimes. The info can be important to the decision regarding which med to tweak.

• 1 month later...

You should ask your doctor about Vyvanse instead of the Concerta! Vyvanse is very similar to concerta but much smoother and will make you feel a lot nicer and I do know that it is used off label for depression as well. As for raising your prozac, that could be an option but your doc might want to augment the abilify instead. I am also surprised that you you are prescribed the lamictal as well, since it essentially does the same thing as abilify. But hey if it's working for you, then power to it. Anyhow, like I said, I would ask about the Vyvanse, it's great, and tell your doc you might want a raise in one of your meds. It might not be the prozac that needs to be tweaked. Another thing to consider is if your recent depression is situational and if thats the case you might want to deal with it alternatively. I know some ppl get depressed from the winter, and using a lightbox really helps!

I take Prozac 40 mg 1x per day, Abilify 2 mg 1x per day, Lamictal 100mg 1x per day, Concerta 54mg 1 x per day and Klonopin 1 mg as needed per day, but no more than 3 mgs.

I was feeling better for awhile but feel as I'm slipping downward again. Should I ask my doc to increase the Prozac? Concerta is prescribed off-label for depression.

You should ask your doctor about Vyvanse instead of the Concerta! Vyvanse is very similar to concerta but much smoother and will make you feel a lot nicer and I do know that it is used off label for depression as well. As for raising your prozac, that could be an option but your doc might want to augment the abilify instead. I am also surprised that you you are prescribed the lamictal as well, since it essentially does the same thing as abilify. But hey if it's working for you, then power to it. Anyhow, like I said, I would ask about the Vyvanse, it's great, and tell your doc you might want a raise in one of your meds. It might not be the prozac that needs to be tweaked. Another thing to consider is if your recent depression is situational and if thats the case you might want to deal with it alternatively. I know some ppl get depressed from the winter, and using a lightbox really helps!

Abilify and Lamictal are very different medications. Lamictal is classified as an anticonvulsant while Abilify is classed as an antipsychotic. They each work very differently. It is not such an unusual combination, either.

Archived