CrazyBoards.org

Argh!

Hello all, I'm new here and figured I may as well do this intro thing. I'm bipolar with ptsd and I'm on depakote, zoloft & abilify, with some success, but right this minute I'm stressed out, depressed & insomniac. My psychiatrist just started me on deplin a couple weeks ago, hard to figure out if it's helping because I've got stressors going on - family crap and Social Security crap. I tried the chat room but nobody was being chatty, which is fine, but I figured I'd just put myself out there and see if there's life on this CrazyBoards thing. - Wendy

Hi Wendy, welcome!

Sorry nobody was in chat, it really does vary a lot. The boards are usually quite active during the week.

There's lots of people here with bipolar and I can relate to the PTSD. As well as chat you can check out the blogs, they are great for general ranting :)

Nice to have you here.

Hi, I'm bipolar, and had PTSD, but was successfully treated for it (the PTSD). I did it through therapy, but I understand there are new methods for treating it. My p-doc told me people with mental illnesses are unfortunately more prone to PTSD. I hope you have the success I did.

Anyway, welcome to the board. The majority of the people on the board are in North America, so if they don't have insomnia as I do, they are asleep. There is a slow spell every day. But we have people from a lot of different countries.

Welcome to Crazyboards and I'm sorry no one was in chat. That happens to me from time to time. Give it another try and I bet there will be someone there to talk to you.

Be sure to read the rules when you get a chance and contact a mod if you have any questions.

olga

Thanks everybody for the welcome! I started a blog, too, for venting purposes, that and looking at other people's stuff kept me amused last night. Yep, I'm in North America (specifically, NC, USA) so was probably up when most were asleep. No problem, everything looks better in the light of day. Thanks again. -Wendy

Archived