CrazyBoards.org

Guest mcjimjam

I haven't been on Depakote but just wanted to say I enjoyed the Ramones reference XD

Also, the people I know with epilepsy (one takes Depakote, the other Tegretol) seem to be used to it and don't really have trouble with sedation. I'd say it will pass with time.

How long have you been taking it?

Not very long, about a week and a half. The sedation started as I increased the dosage.

I haven't been on Depakote but just wanted to say I enjoyed the Ramones reference XD

Also, the people I know with epilepsy (one takes Depakote, the other Tegretol) seem to be used to it and don't really have trouble with sedation. I'd say it will pass with time.

Glad you caught it!

When I first started depakote, there was imdeed so,e sedation and fogginess going on. It passed with time, I don't remember how much, exactly, but not more than a month. Try to be patient. It will get better.

Thanks. I do think it can do some good for me so hopefully it will pass like you say. If it wasn't for work, it wouldn't even be all that bad. My mind could do with running slow, at least for awhile.

The sedation passed for me, too. You know, though, if your mind has been racing for very long, it might take a bit to get used to normal speed. That too passes, but can take a little more time.

This is a good point. I haven't thought of the racing thoughts independently of other factors very often, but my mind has been in overdrive pretty much ever since puberty. It definitely makes sense that it would take some getting used to going down a gear. It will be interesting to see how this front progresses. Thanks Stacia.

Archived