CrazyBoards.org

Which Dx Would You Trade in?

I was thinking today, if I could choose one Dx to be cured, which would I choose?

It would seem an easy question since BP is more serious than the others I have. The diagnoses I've been given that probably still stand are: Bipolar (NOS), Borderline PD, GAD and ADD.

I actually would rather lose the BPD. I think without it... I could manage my life with BP a lot better. I could have better relationships. I wouldn't be so flawed as a person. I wouldn't be trying to ruin my life and destroy myself. Bipolar can be managed with drugs. Bipolar is not my fault, borderline is so much more something I am, rather than something I suffer from. Sure theres DBT but... To me it sounds like something to stop us making suicidal gestures as often or something. Will it fill the hole in my soul I try to fill with with sex and booze.. Idk.

Anyway, if you have multiple diagnoses, which would you have cured if you could choose?

Guest Vapourware

I'd happily lose the spectrum stuff, it's annoying to be constantly out of sync with people. The sza is being controlled by medication and I'm getting some good advice on my anxiety, but the spectrum stuff is harder to handle. Sure, it can be dealt with but I've found it takes a lot more work, so if I could be without it then I think life would be easier.

I honestly don't know. You'd think I'd choose the bp over the ADHD stuff but honestly BP is so much a part of who i am now, i'd almost be sorry to lose it. In a way. I GUESS if I had to pick I'd go with the bp mainly because of the random health shit I go through with my side effects from the bp meds, but for that reason only.

Anna

Do physical diagnoses count? Because over the bipolar, which is being happily controlled by medication, I would gladly and happily give up the fibromyalgia. Honestly, my life was SO much better before that hit. It's amazing the impact that's had on me. I'd hand it back on a silver platter wrapped in a pretty bow.

I would definitely trade in the migraines without a second thought. As Anna said, being bipolar is part of who I am. And frankly, while it has disabled me at times, it has been far less disabling over-all than the migraines.

I believe that my mood stuff is partly BP, and partly being super reactive because of psychological problems which I don't have a dx for (yet)... can't figure out if this is "attachment issues," wicked anxiety, personality disorder of some flavor, or some combination thereof.

I would trade in the reactive stuff in a heartbeat. BP sucks but it comes and goes, while the reactive stuff cripples me constantly. And I identify with BP more as "me," while the reactive stuff feels like pathology that I would like to shed.

I started to say bp, but the more I think about it, undiagnosed learning disabilities have more or less ruined my life. I can't even afford to get a diagnosis for LD's, so no one believes that they are real, and that I just need to "try harder." Fuck that. These people have no IDEA of the painful, time sucking effort I put into reading/spelling/math/not getting lost/reading maps/understanding graphs and charts... the list goes on and on. As far as I know, there is no treatment, so I will never, ever get any better.

I started to say bp, but the more I think about it, undiagnosed learning disabilities have more or less ruined my life. I can't even afford to get a diagnosis for LD's, so no one believes that they are real, and that I just need to "try harder." Fuck that. These people have no IDEA of the painful, time sucking effort I put into reading/spelling/math/not getting lost/reading maps/understanding graphs and charts... the list goes on and on. As far as I know, there is no treatment, so I will never, ever get any better.

I didn't even think about that... but yeah, i hear you. I'd still trade the fibro though because any THINKING I have to do is harder since fibrofog has made my life a living hell.

Archived