CrazyBoards.org

BAAAAAD Anxiety

I can barely even write this or explain the back story. I keep blanking and I don't know if it's because I restarted the Lyrica to try to help with this or not.

I threw up Friday from anxiety. Friday night-Sunday afternoon I was leading a backpacking trip (snowshoeing and bushwhacking) and that helped. Monday I had issues again and I missed work on Tuesday-Wednesday. I am here today but in a fog.

I've had trouble taking the dogs out to go because I'm so freaked about leaving the house. I have run and rode the trainer as I'm hoping exercise will help and I didn't hire a coach to not work out.

Today I feel dizzy and overwhelmed.

I keep thinking people are talking about me. It's very unpleasant.

I have been working to try to keep the repetitive, dwelling thoughts (the roof is going to collapse, the floors will collapse (the wood squeaks), the house will catch on fire, etc). Compulsive behaviours there but not terrible in my opinion but they've picked up. Not at a OCD level though.

I see my GP today. I don't see my p-doc until Feb. 22.

I am going to ask if I can have a different anxiety med. I don't like the Lyrica because it masked an effed up nerve before and I don't want injuries when I run that I'm unaware of.

What sort of things are my options? I want to have a rough idea when I see my GP.

Oh and I'm taking Rescue Remedy even though it's homeopathic and I don't believe in that stuff, I'm hoping it will have a psychosomatic (I think that's right) effect.

I can't think of anything I'm anxious about. Usual stuff at work but nothing to cause this.

I've also been way more grumpy than usual lately.

No....before they just upped my Seroquel until the dread went away, but that was ages ago. Then I got but on Lyrica, to try it as a mood stabilizer (which didn't work) and got left on it as a anti-anxiety.

I'm thinking Abilify is more of a straight anti-psychotic and not so much acting on anxiety stuff like the Seroquel helped with. I dunno.

Benzos make me nervous a bit, but I'm willing to try them if they stop this, or help with it. I'd try to reason through my anxiety but I don't know WHY I'm anxious or have anything to reason through.

thanks....he just wants me on this for 10 days or so and then soon after that I see my p-doc. He said if I still am having problems I should go to Emerg.

He and the pharmacist said not to drink on this, and I wasn't sure if that was the 'not to drink' the way they say for all meds, and it is totally fine to drink in moderation on them, or not. So I'll avoid alcohol then :)

I've been on it for 30 minutes or so and am still anxious but a lot better.

Thanks! I really appreciate your help.

I'm flipping back and forth from moments of calm to moments of super anxious. Weird. Hopefully it will smooth out. I have a meeting in a few minutes....yech.

Ive never been on Ativan so I cant speak about it, but I found Xanax is like a sugar pill with my anxiety while Clonazepam works wonders. It takes longer to "kick in" but it also controls anxiety longer. At least in my case. Idk what i'd do if it wasnt an option as it is so effective compared to Xanax and anything else ive been prescribed (antidepressants etc). My bro takes Neurontin but says he finds it useless. But everyone is different so maybe that would work.

Interesting....it's working a lot better now - so it seems to take at least an hour or so to really kick in, a bit more perhaps actually. But it does seem to work, maybe another benzo would work better though.

Thanks guys!

Thanks! I slept through my run .....sigh. I don't think I could've run in a straight line so maybe it's for the best. I'm going to take this earlier in the day next time (hopefully not tomorrow, I can feel anxiety building again but off soon for a good night's sleep) and I'll try to dissolve it under the tongue.

Archived