CrazyBoards.org

Introduction

Hi,

I found this site yesterday, and I'm liking it already. Seems real, and some humor certainly helps as well. Maybe I can even say some things that are really on my nerves as well.

I've been hearing voices (more like thought insertion) since 2001, and it's been quite a ride and has evolved in ways which confuses the heck out of me. It started out as a psychic sensitivity, hearing all kinds of things about earthquakes, murders, suicides, family members, and spiritual matters. How special I thought I was until it evolved into more of an annoyance and contradictory source of information.

I did a few med trials in 2005-06, which were not a good experience. After that, I was med-free for a while, working and trying to get through the storms that this presents. Well, the past year has proven quite a challenge with depression and voices, and my reckless behavior and fighting with the voices has led me to seek treatment once again. I've found a really great center near my home, and am currently taking Celexa. Tomorrow, I see my psychiatrist and will begin taking Abilify. Over the past few years, every psychiatrist I've met with feels I have Schizoaffective, and currently are trying to determine if it has a bipolar component or not.

I have a really hard time accepting this, because of the fact that the voices seem so very real, and I'd rather believe it's a gift than anything else. But I'm realizing it's not.

I'm looking to connect with others, in whatever capacity I can. Thanks for providing this site...

I'm really glad that you're able to see it as a problem and get help for it. That's a big step in the right direction. Feel free to mention anything you want.. as long as it isn't promoting negative/harmful actions you're good, as this place is about getting help for such things. Only your pdoc can diagnose you, but we do have alot of information at your hands that could prove very useful when it comes to understanding your treatment options.

Anyway, it's good to have you here. Feel free to PM a mod if you have any questions.

Welcome to CB!

Hi Galaxie, and welcome to the site! I'm glad you are choosing to get treatment for the things that are becoming bothersome to you and interfering with things.... HOpe we can all be of help and support. do check out chat and the blogs if you haven't, and pm a mod or whatnot if you have any questions about how things work around here.

Anna

Thank you for welcoming me.

It's true that I do have doubt as to what I experience with the voices, and doubt concerning moving forward with treatment as well. I'm just going to trust this process and see if it provides me any answers.

Best,

Galaxie

Archived