CrazyBoards.org

My sister was on wellbutrin zoloft and buspar. The pdoc added lamictal annd within a few days she started feeling a little better from her depression. She said the others did nothing. She as far as she knows has no diagnosis. When she went into the hospital she was taken off all her meds and given celexa.

My question is this... If lamictal made her feel better thhen is that a sign of a mood disorder.

I genuinely believe she has a mood disorder possibly a form of bipolar. But now shes on nothing because she had a side effect from celexa. I worry about her itll take 2 months to get into a psyhiatrost..

Thank you. I truly believe she has it and maybe her pdoc did too. At first when she was in a psych ward they said borderline personality but all her meds changed when she went to a pdoc regularly. I dont think she even knows her dx but shes in dire need of medication and therapy. She is moderately intellectually challenged and needs a lot of help but her mood swings make people not want to be around her. So i want to help her some but without overstepping or taking away from myself.

Thanks again

But now shes on nothing because she had a side effect from celexa. I worry about her itll take 2 months to get into a psyhiatrost..

What was the side effect? Can she not go back to the original pdoc that gave her the first meds?

hives. They were spreading so she went off it. The only way to see the pdoc would be to spend another 2 hrs in the psych ward, which is when she was taken off her meds and put on celexa.

hives. They were spreading so she went off it. The only way to see the pdoc would be to spend another 2 hrs in the psych ward, which is when she was taken off her meds and put on celexa.

Well I talked to Jenn and she said that can happen with SSRI's but it's not true for all of them... so then that it may not happen with another one should she be able to get a different one. That fact that she (not Jenn) did not go manic is a good sign that it is MDD and not BP. But it's not always so straight cut.

Archived