CrazyBoards.org

Me, Myself, I, them & the others...

Hi, I am Adell.

I am here because I am the preverbial country mouse stuck in the city. I don't have new connections with any kind of clinical support and i have been taking my old paxil that i squirreled away when I got pregnant.

I got pregnant. I went on the pill and got pregnant. I had surgery, antibiotics killed my birthcontrol and I got pregnant months from deciding to not have more children, getting married, buying a teeny 2 bedroom for my little family. But I love children and the pregnancy was a blessing. Despite going through a particularly bad stretch of mental health, my body exhaulted in being pregnant. We were very poor and in a small community and food bank services were laughable. Husbands work was drying up, my work cut my benefits, unbelievalbe debt and I was pregnant. Then i found out I was pregnant with twins. Despite all the stress I was otherwise happy. No panic attacks, clear thinking.

this is too long...

premature babies...

5 long months in the hospital...

forclosure....

bankruptcy...

city life...

and now here I am both of my babies made it, beyond all odds, perfectly normal 18 month olds.

I am so lucky!

Now that the emergencies are dealt with my poor brain is crumbling. I need support. If nothing else just ranting helps for now. One step at a time right. Starting to get a little ptsd flashbacky and foggy. Little things send me reeling. Paxil used to be perfect for me but i just don't feel it making the slightest difference anymore.

I am good. i am safe. but i am so very tired.

can you see a doctor for a med adjustment and some other meds? If nothing else, your old paxil may be expired by now, and it's not safe to be on meds without a doctor montoring you.

If finances are an issue maybe you have access to a free/low cost clinic?

welcome, and glad you and the babies are doing fine...

Anna

I'm still rather new here, too. I know what its like to be stuck in the city - I miss the country alot, myself. I spent the first 18 years of my life pretty deep in the country.

I hope you can see a Dr soon, perhaps at a low cost clinic? I had to do that before I got my disability. Its not the greatest but it was not horrible, either.

Welcome to CB as well.

Hey, thanks everyone!

I know taking old drugs is irresponsible and I feel stupid for not getting to a Dr. yet to fix my meds. I'm sure you all know what it feels like to face another Dr and have to explain it all again... I have let the fear of that experience keep me from going. When I was younger I put on a very good show of being well put together and articulate. This didn't help me get the support I need at all. I saw countless Dr's and councilors that told me I seemed fine and it would pass. I also have a really hard time asking for help. To pat my own back, I was really great with taking care of my mental health before the pregnancy! I had a fantastic team and lots of people to talk to about it. Now I am living in a new place I am scared of starting all over. I know I can do it and that it will be fine. I have asked a Dr and a public health nurse for referrals to mental health but no one ever called me. Lame excuse I know!

It is good for me to talk about it here. Maybe it will give me a sense of accountability towards the CB community to take care of myself.

Thanks again!

<3

<3

Hey, thanks everyone!

I have asked a Dr and a public health nurse for referrals to mental health but no one ever called me. Lame excuse I know!

It is good for me to talk about it here. Maybe it will give me a sense of accountability towards the CB community to take care of myself.

Thanks again!

<3

<3

I hope we can encourage you to make that call. One of the things I repeat over and over is that WE are responsible for our own health care. We women have to get that pelvic exam every year, and all of us should be seeing a GP to make sure our blood pressure and general health is good. For your situation, YOU need to make that call and no one can do it for you. So call, already!

I'm here to give people a nudge.

In the nicest possible way. *motherly smile*

Welcome to our little asylum.

olga

Archived