CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys!

Okay I have a question, I have been wanting to ask anyone else who experiences Visual Hallucinations but I have never been able to ask. Anyway. The last few months, my visual hallucinations would become violent, they would take swings at me or throw things at me.. I never knew this would happen, but then one of my 'hallucinations' who is named Fred (who has been my longest lasting hallucination) has started to physically hurt me, he would try to suffocate me or strangle me when I least expect it and there would be times of a night time where i'd fall asleep (I have sleeping problems due to paranoia aswell) where he'd attack me and i'd end up waking up gasping for air. I have woken up, and after i've been attacked have red marks on my body, especially around my neck and face.

I am just wondering has this ever happened to anyone else? I feel so very alone.

• 2 weeks later...

The closest I have had is one of them - 'the lady in red' stalking me in an obvious way and making slit neck gestures to me and telling me that she is going to make me kill myself. I've never had her throw anything at me or try to do things that if it were real would hurt me. I have had dreams where a demon was sitting on my chest drawing the breath out of me and I woke up gasping and in a panic because it seemed so real. That has only happened twice in my life but I have a close friend that suffers from similar dreams very badly. In his dreams a woman in Victorian underwear tries to strangle him. Sometimes he gets caught up believing it is a ghost.

I agree with the others. You are hurting yourself. This is a problem for your pdoc to untangle. And hallucinations don't occur in your sleep. Those are dreams/nightmares. You need help from your pdoc that we cannot provide for you. Please give him/her a call.

I think waking up suffocating and not being able to breathe is something I relate to. They are 'hypnagogic hallucinations' / 'sleep paralysis', that happen to everyone, so not just psychotic people. They are separate from schizophrenia. I have a lot of sleep paralysis (waking up squashed and unable to move or breathe), but they are NOT related to psychosis. Normal people get them too.

My Pdoc says it's nothing to worry about, though unpleasant.

As for the red marks - I will have to agree with the other posters and say that that is probably self-induced, and please listen to them and see your pdoc.

I think waking up suffocating and not being able to breathe is something I relate to. They are 'hypnagogic hallucinations' / 'sleep paralysis', that happen to everyone, so not just psychotic people. They are separate from schizophrenia. I have a lot of sleep paralysis (waking up squashed and unable to move or breathe), but they are NOT related to psychosis. Normal people get them too.

My Pdoc says it's nothing to worry about, though unpleasant.

As for the red marks - I will have to agree with the other posters and say that that is probably self-induced, and please listen to them and see your pdoc.

I've experienced those, but these are different.

Archived