CrazyBoards.org

Anyone taking Remeron?

Hi, I was wondering if any of you are taking Remeron.

I wanted to know what dose you are taking, what your diagnosis is, and if you are taking other medications with it.

Please no one talk about any negative experiences.

Thank you!! :)

I've taken it for years. It's the first med that ever really helped anything, and because of it I now have a normal sleep pattern, which I hadn't had before (even in childhood). Lots of people get tired and hungry from it, as Tryp did. I take it a half hour before I lay down, so I sleep through the above, lol. I do not feel "hungover" from it. -Lav

I have been taking it for over a year now, 15mg, I take it with risperdal and klonopin as needed. It used to work great for depression and anxiety, now it mainly helps with anxiety. And sleep. I sleep very well with Remeron.

Oh, it also helps with the agitation/akathisia/whatever it is I get from risperdal and abilify, I can not take either one without the remeron or my anxiety gets worse and I cant sleep.

The first 3 months I was on Remeron I was hungry and sleepy all the time and gained about 10-15 pounds, but that side effect went away, and so did the extra pounds. I like Remeron a lot, it is the only antidepressant I have tried that has not turned ugly on me. :)

It worked good for me for about 7 months. Then all of a sudden I got into a manic state. I was on 30mg of Remeron and they tapered me to 15 then to 7.5 to 0.

Unfortunately that didn't stop the manic episode and I had to go into the hospital to get my meds adjusted to help quell the mania.

It worked great for sleep when I was on it.

Archived