CrazyBoards.org

I don't really know if i'm making any sense but here goes.

Lately, as in the last 2 or so months i've been feeling somewhat paranoid about things more than usual. I cannot talk on the phone to anyone because I feel my thoughts are being broadcast trough the phone into radio transmitters and I feel aliens can hear my thoughts. I cannot sleep at night because I am scared the government is against me and wants to kidnap me and force me into being an assassin and to kill the opposition leader, if I sleep I tend to wake up every 10 minutes throughout the night due to me feeling like I am being kidnapped while i'm asleep. Relating to the government business I have had my television and car radio on numerous occasions transmit me messages saying they're coming for me and that if I don't kill myself then they'll come for me, billboards and signs are the same too. I've began to not eat, because of two things, 1 because I think i'm being poisoned and 2 my hallucinations tell me negative things about my weight. On the note of hallucinations they've begun to get angrier and more abusive, they like to document my every move and talk about me as if I can't hear them, they also tell me the government is coming for me. I've got one hallucination who has stuck by me for years with the name of Fred, who lately has actually begun to physically abuse me by trying to suffocate me or kill me. I see government "army type" people lately and they chant "we're here, we're here, we're here' etc etc over and over.

Can anyone please help me understand if this is an upcoming psychotic episode, or if its just "normal" to someone with psychosis (as in its not an episode)

This is not "normal" to someone with psychosis. You need to call your doctor. Today would be a good day to do it. A med change or two and you should be feeling a lot better.

I recently no longer see my Psychiatrist because they were treating me poorly in the public health system and were using my age as an excuse to not help me so my GP and myself are trying to find someone else who I can see who I can also afford to see, i'd like to go into the private health system, i've heard wonders and my girlfriend is in it aswell but i'm not financially lucky (I live off government money basically.) I told my (now old) Psychiatrist about these feelings and basically brushed them off saying it was nothing. I'm seeing my GP in 10 hours (Who is amazing in my opinion), would it be safe to tell her?

Guest Vapourware

It's not "normal" for anyone, with psychosis or not, to be having those experiences. The "normal" would be not having those experiences, and to not be afraid. Life should be a good experience for you, not a scary one. I think it is a good idea for you to tell your GP about what is happening.

I would still mention this on monday when you see gp. Anna

I definitely will be. Hopefully she suggests a higher dose of my medication.

When you say GP I'm guessing you're somewhere in the UK. I don't think she can tapper with your psychiatric medication as your GP. You need an emergency refferal to another psychiatrist.

I would still mention this on monday when you see gp. Anna

I definitely will be. Hopefully she suggests a higher dose of my medication.

When you say GP I'm guessing you're somewhere in the UK. I don't think she can tapper with your psychiatric medication as your GP. You need an emergency refferal to another psychiatrist.

No i'm in Australia and my GP has always been dealing with my medication for years, I no longer see a pdoc so she has been giving me my medication.

These do not sound like signs of an upcoming psychotic episode. What you're describing sound like full on psychotic symptoms. Your refusal to contact your doctor about them, to so much as make a phone call, let alone try to get an earlier appointment, is baffling, and more than a little irresponsible. An amazing doctor will want to know about symptoms like these as soon as possible, as they only get more difficult to treat, the longer they go on.

These do not sound like signs of an upcoming psychotic episode. What you're describing sound like full on psychotic symptoms. Your refusal to contact your doctor about them, to so much as make a phone call, let alone try to get an earlier appointment, is baffling, and more than a little irresponsible. An amazing doctor will want to know about symptoms like these as soon as possible, as they only get more difficult to treat, the longer they go on.

I am going to say I am far from irresponsible. You saw my other thread, so you should be well aware that I don't just have to look after myself. I also, I might as well should point out as I actually wrote in the original message, right at the beginning of it I stated I cannot use mobile phones, or any type of phone. I am not refusing to see my doctor, I only have one doctor and it is a GP so I can only rely on her and the fact I was actually asleep for once that had made me miss my appointment, I had to get my mother (who is sick) to phone up and make another appointment for the next available date, which was Monday. So I found your comment a bit rude as to calling me irresponsible and refusing to get help. I am by far irresponsible, I have not only myself but my mother to take care of so my health isn't top priority. I am not refusing either, oh no. If I were refusing I wouldn't be making appointments, heck I wouldn't be writing about it here.

Your priorities do not sound like they are focused on your care. If they were, you would have been in to see the doc at first signs. You are far down that road now into a full blown episode and still blowing off appts to sleep. As for caring for your mom, you can't adequately care for another until you care for yourself first. Yes, you are taking action, but sorry, you do not sound like you are proactively or responsibly taking care of your health.

Your priorities do not sound like they are focused on your care. If they were, you would have been in to see the doc at first signs. You are far down that road now into a full blown episode and still blowing off appts to sleep. As for caring for your mom, you can't adequately care for another until you care for yourself first. Yes, you are taking action, but sorry, you do not sound like you are proactively or responsibly taking care of your health.

I'm sorry but you've gotten it all wrong. I have told my old pdoc, and my gp about all of the above and they've just increased my medications. I was only on 200mg a few weeks ago and just recently (last week) been put on 400mg. My doctor (the gp, like i've stated I do not see the pdoc anymore) are well aware this is happening but because i'm not 100% psychotic, in their eyes i'm fine to manage.. but what I was basically asking was for everyone elses opinion. Nevermind then.

Guest Vapourware

I think in your original post, you didn't seem to be aware that what you are experiencing would be deemed as a psychotic episode, so there is a lack of insight into your condition. I can understand where Sasha and Stacia are coming from though, in that I wonder how much of your doctor's awareness of your issues are if you yourself wasn't sure whether or not you are in a psychotic episode. I wonder how much your GP knows about the true extent of your condition and how much it is impairing on your life if you seem unsure about it.

You also can't care for your mother when you are ill, you have to put your own health first. Otherwise neither of you are going to get better.

Archived