CrazyBoards.org

I've always seen shadow people in the edge of vision my whole life until I started on high dose seroquel. I have also always seen white mice run right to left across roads or streets when walking driving or biking. These haven't stopped with the medication.

Both of these scare the hell out of me. The mice make me feel like I should turn back. The shadow people are/were startling and horrifying to me.

Anyone else have these kinds of visual illusions, hallucinations, scary Stories. Or whatever they actually are?

When I first saw the movie Jacobs ladder I shit myself. I've always seen people that are a bit odd or wrong for something I can't put my finger on - strangers out in public I mean. (I shit myself because the hallucinations he had in the movie are so similar to things I've seen)

Never anything really blunt and obvious though like I've never seen demons or headless faceless people unless shadows that are shaped like and move like people count

Wow a headless person I'd scream for sure. When I'd see a shadow person I'd startle and yelp at least

Anyone else? I feel pretty alone with this

I've seen shadow people off and on for since I was a teenager. This past time I also would see spiders run across the floor, fall down the walls, run across my desk (I am terrified of spiders). I know it's really scary. Mine went away after increasing Risperdal though. Have you talked to your pdoc about it and let him/her know that you're still having these symptoms?

This may sound strange but I always thought everyone saw the shadows like that out of the corner of their eyes. I don't recall never seeing these shadows sometimes - or flashes of light. Happens to me all the time and has often scared me especially if I am alone and have the feeling that it is a presence or spirit there. I see this mostly in corners and sometimes I distinctly feel that something shadowy is behind me. Often I have a sense of the 'big bad wolf' being in the house which is also a shadow figure somehow just outside my sight. I can not explain how I can see something in another room or behind me that is not there? I don't understand how to explain that one. It is however a shadowy undetailed image with red eyes.

One time when it was just spiders - actually a few times - I got so terrified that I ran out of the house and would not go back in. My mom had to go to a hotel with me. There are some real spiders in that house but that time they were everywhere and big. I was seeing them over doorways and I had to duck and run fast through the doorways as my heart raced. I would not go back to the house to see that they were not there and had to spend a few weeks with my grandfather. At the time I was positive they were real and I was on my medication.

The experience still seems very real to me and I still find myself looking for the spiders when I go to my mom's. Problem is that if I look to hard and my meds are not right I will often find a few that I would try to use to prove there were these huge brown recluse spiders in her place only to be frustrated by her saying "there is nothing there". To start with I thought she was lying to me that there were no big brown spiders - just a few small ones here and there so I started trying my brothers who I thought were fucking around with me when they also did not confirm it.

These things put me into a desperate panic state when I am not doing good and I want to just run and run and run - something I can no longer do on a walker. As a teen I did 'run away' twice trying to escape these things but they were always there. At that time I was seeing a shadowy 'lady in red' that was giving me directions. The spiders and the lady were part of my first episode at 15.

The shadows are still there with my medication just not the things my mind adds to them so I am still not sure that its not something everyone experiences. I know my Mom also sees these shadows but the ones she sees do not frighten her and she believes that our family home is haunted by my father, brother, uncle and grandparents - all of whom lived in the house at one time or another. To her this feels like "having all my family right at home".

i get the shadows too, and the shadowy things darting across the road. i also see glares of light out of the corner of my eyes and mistake it for something else that's not so nice. i only really get this when i'm not doing so hot though. when i'm really bad it feels like it starts to envelop my field of vision.

When I first saw the movie Jacobs ladder I shit myself. I've always seen people that are a bit odd or wrong for something I can't put my finger on - strangers out in public I mean. (I shit myself because the hallucinations he had in the movie are so similar to things I've seen)

Never anything really blunt and obvious though like I've never seen demons or headless faceless people unless shadows that are shaped like and move like people count

Wow a headless person I'd scream for sure. When I'd see a shadow person I'd startle and yelp at least

Yeah it is definitely scary, and it's horrible because my doctors are very hesitant in putting my medication up so i'm still having to deal with them. You are definitely not alone with this,

Archived