CrazyBoards.org

Am I free?

My doctor had her suspicions I had bipolar along with schizophrenia. I am also having doubts now. Whatever it was, it happened 10 months ago. I am on such a low dose of Abilify, it is not enough to have any antimanic effects (10mg). Yet my doctor is still unsure? I really want answers

It's been so long.

One manic episode that is not caused by drugs is enough to get someone diagnosed bipolar.

Some people cycle in the years, so it could be a long time before you have another manic experience.

10mg of Abilify might be enough to keep some people stable.

These are the reasons your pdoc is still not sure.

Sorry I don't have more definitive answers. You can look at it this way, though. As long as the meds are the same treatment, it doesn't really matter what all you have. Not much consolation, but it is true.

Guest Vapourware

It can be a long time to come up with answers. Other symptoms might arise, someone or yourself might have observations about past or present behaviour, etc. It can be frustrating, though.

I don't think you should be looking at the dosage of your medication to determine whether or not you have a particular dx. People respond differently to medication. Sometimes 10mg of Abilify is enough to control your symptoms. For instance, I was on 80mg of ziprasidone for a while which, for my symptoms, shouldn't have been enough on paper but it worked for me.

All I want is a clear answer as to what the hell is wrong with me.:( I read somewhere that even with schizo-affective it could be a one off episode. Since I haven't had an episode of bipolar I'm hoping I won't have another one ever again. But I guess it sounds like I'm going into denial and it's not going to be the case.

Archived