CrazyBoards.org

Hello :)

Hi all. My name is Cait and I'm 18, from Sydney, Australia. I was directed here by my girlfriend (mynameisiforgot) and it looks like an awesome place.

I've struggled with depression since before I can remember, but I was diagnosed when I was 12. At 15 I was diagnosed with Bipolar Spectrum. At 16 I was then diagnosed with Bipolar II and Anorexia. I have also suffered from Endometriosis since I was 14 and have had surgery 4 times. The pain I get from it is debilitating and impacts greatly on my depression, and they are the only times I have ever been suicidal. Due to hormone therapy, I put on 25kg in 6 months and that is why I was re-diagnosed with ED-NOS. I mainly restrict but I have also started to purge by throwing up.

I started self harming (cutting) when I was 10 and before I turned 17 I stopped due to a relationship, but I relapsed about a month ago. I ended up at the hospital twice in one week for stitches, so I was admitted into a psych ward on the 18th. I was released on the 21st to wait at home for a room to be available at a private clinic. I should be going in on Monday (28th) and while I'm at home, I am struggling greatly to not self harm. I want to do it but my mum threatened to take me back to the public psych ward, so I'm trying to be strong. I have been told by my GP and three psychiatrists in the public ward that DBT will help me, so I am going to be starting treatment in the private clinic.

This is probably the worst place I've been in mentally for many years, so I'm really hoping the private clinic helps.

Well that's my life story and I'm happy to be here and meet people going through the same things.

Hi Cait, welcome! I'm sorry you're struggling right now. I also have endometriosis, and know how difficult that can be, as well as the self injury. It's great that you're going to get help, hopefully you can get started on the DBT and work on getting well. Hang in there, things will get better in time.

Archived