CrazyBoards.org

I take Geodon, along with lamictal and trazadone. 80mg all at night, because it makes me sleepy. And it activates me at the same time. Very recently, I've had to alternate days with 80 mg, then 40 mg, because I'm running out and my mail order pharmacy takes 4-6 weeks to send meds (and I have to use them or my med plan will charge me double at an in-person pharmacy). Anyway, on the 40mgs, I sleep relatively well at night (ok, I wake up at 4 am but easily fall back to sleep - don't fall back so easily at 80n mgs) and I'm not activated during the day.

So what should I expect at the "right" level of Geodon?

FYI, I take Geodon because once stable on lamictal/trazadone, I felt consistently a bit hypomanic. The Geodon brings it down to "normal".

Geodon is such a weird med that it's completely hard to say what dose is going to work for you and for how long. it's like a completely different drug at each dose.

i hate to say it, but that's one AAP i just stayed the hell away from because when I considered all the possible complications and with my exprience with abilify i was just like, eh, fuck it.

Anna

Guest Vapourware

I can relate, I think my experiences are similar in that sometimes ziprasidone [sorry, I hate the brand name] will either give me insomnia, then sedation in the morning, or it gives me sedation not long after I've taken it. I agree with Anna in that it can be a strange drug. I can't predict when it will sedate me, except that I know that it will somewhere along the line, so I take it at night as a precaution.

Personally I found when I was taking 40mg in the morning then 40mg at night, it was more sedating then taking 80mg all at once.

Archived