CrazyBoards.org

Need advice!

I'm serious, this is no joke. I'm going to a rock concert to see my 2 favorite bands touring TOGETHER! THANK YOU LORD! Prob is, I know it will send me over the top in euphoria/mania, and I don't want to scare/piss off those going with me or those on the lawn seats around us....concerts are my thing and I know I will bounce around like a rubber ball......any advice on what prescription to take or what I can do to enjoy it on a "normal" level? Thanks!

You've posted about this before. I'll say it again, being at a concert cannot bring on a clinical episode of mania.What you feel is excitement and euphoria, it's not clinical mania. If you feel you are socially inappropriate when excited then it's an issue for therapy.

You've posted about this before. I'll say it again, being at a concert cannot bring on a clinical episode of mania.What you feel is excitement and euphoria, it's not clinical mania. If you feel you are socially inappropriate when excited then it's an issue for therapy.

This.

I would work on mindfulness, myself. It sounds like you enjoy the euphoria so much that you don't recognize the point at which you are going over the top. I mean, to me, it sounds like reactivity to all the sensory overload more than a mood swing, and you are the one responsible for determining your own limits of sensory input.

I understand having pretty trippy (non-drug induced) experiences at concerts of bands you love. But frankly, when I am seated next to someone like you, I get angry that I paid the same amount for my ticket as you did, yet while you are "having fun," you are interfering with my experience.

Now that you know your tendency to go off the rails with that kind of over-stimulation, you need to try to pay attention to what you are thinking, instead of getting "swept away" by the music. And if this disturbing experience happens again, you need to talk to your t-doc, especially when it is apparently not much fun for your friends and nearby concert goers, who also paid to see this concert. When you do this, maybe focus on how your behavior is affecting others, because that seems to be the major downside to these "events."

Or you could stop going to concerts, but that seems a little extreme.

Got any rope?

Once upon a time a fellow named Ulysses was afraid he would get carried away when he drove his ship between some rocks and some gals who sang irresistible songs. Maybe rock songs. So he had his friends tie him to the mast.

a.m. It is possible to have situations carry us away emotionally. But you decide how you will act. Take you meds, and take a lower key attitude to the concert. Tap your toes; don't scream. :) a.m.

Archived