CrazyBoards.org

Awesome GP

So due to the begging, pleading, and outright bribery of my nearest and dearest, I finally dragged my sorry backside to a doc for my 30k-mile maintenance. I picked a doc that a friend had been to, an osteopath, that she highly recommended. And he. was. AMAZING.

The upshot is: now I have a month's worth of sample meds for my stomach (I had concerns about a possible ulcer), a prescription for my headaches (turns out there's actually a NAME for them!) and a month to try Cymbalta. I think if I wasn't already married, I'd have proposed. If any of y'all want the hookup for a good GP in Denton TX, let me know. I'll setcha up.

Fortunately, I've got a friend who's been and gone on Cymbalta, because I keep going "...I feel weird. Is that the meds, or something else?" Most of the time she can go "Yeah, that's just the meds." I'm going to have to come up with something really weird to ask her at some point. "Oh hey. I seem to be growing very small but oddly pretty blue-green scales all over my legs. That's just the meds, right?"

I hope this stuff is worth the dry mouth, nausea, weird temperature sensitivity, and general shaky bleh feeling. On the other hand, it's only day two and already my shoulders are less tense than they've been since the last time I let that tiny little crazy woman beat the hell out of my back with her pointy little rock-like fingers. That may be psychosomatic, that may be the joy of finding a doctor that will LISTEN, it may be the Cymbalta... gods only know. I don't think I care. I just like not feeling like I'm about to fly apart.

Anybody have tips and tricks for surviving Cymbalta acclimatization? I've got ginger ale and saltines (for the nausea) and filtered water (for the drymouth) and warm fuzzy bathrobes (for the weird temperature... thing). The jittery that hits occasionally is helping me get some spinning done. I may try to DDR it off tomorrow.

I danced around with our cat today, playing with her paws and singing to her. I thought my husband was going to break his face grinning. I <3 good doctors.

motion sickness bracelets? when i was pregnant i heard of people having good luck with that. i liked preggy pops too, but they were $ (i got them as a gift). i think any kind of hard candy of lollipop would work.

Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'll have to check for the nausea bracelets if the nausea comes back. It seeeeems to be in abeyance at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

There are ginger pills that people take for motion sickness. It might be convenient to have if you're going out and don't want to carry a bottle of ginger ale. I know it's another pill, but useful for the portability. You pretty much know that ginger won't affect anything else you're taking.

Best of luck. I'm glad that your GP is awesome. Some are just ordinary. I'm glad my one is a star too.

Archived