CrazyBoards.org

My anxiety has been steadily increasing from normal worries to weirder ones (fear of someone living in vents- knowing its not true but still having anxiety attacks about it). Well last night my braun kicked it up a notch.

I was sitting on the couch not really don ng anything but sitting there and my husband was in the bathroom. I started hearing a radio. It sounded like my hudband was listening to a radio station on his phone in the bathroom. It sounded like some sports talkradio.. I couldn't make it out but it was slightly staticky and OBVIOUSLY the voices of two radio people. This went on for a few minutes without concern because "it was just my hudband listening to something"

When he came out I asked him what he was listening to and he caused what I meant. I said "on the radio on your phone" and he again looked confused and checked his phone which was turned off and claimed not to have listened to anything. So after about ten minutes of pestering him and telling him how cruel it would be to lite to me about this I started having weird thoughts. I started seriously thinking that he had listen to something but was lying to me to dude me crazy. Every time he looked at me I got extremely afraid and thought "he doesn't look like the person I married" thought he looked physically the same there was a different look in his eyes. I started thinking he was a orchestrating my madness. I was afraid to look at him because I was seeing a different person. I then began to think there was some external force wanting to turn my mind against me and he wanted it to happen. The radio sounded too real.

I kept trying to tell myself thoughts are crazy but it didn't make them go away. Now I wake up this morning and I'm feeling better. I'm seeing how nuts I was behaving last night andI'm worried about what happened last night. Could this all be part of am anxiety disorder?

I know you probably can't diagnose me but could you share ant similar experiences? Or give me some idea of what this POSSIBLY sounds like. I'm so worried.

Talk to the doctor Allison.

I think Sylvan's doctor is right about how our brains interpret noise. Sometimes I have to consciously say to myself "listen properly" and I find it's actually very quiet when I've thought there's noise. In your case, you wouldn't have questioned whether there was radio noise or not.

Try not to worry too much. Keep a record of what happens if it's more than the one time.

Well, I JUST found a hole in the bathroom, which leads directly to the basement ( after living here a 1 1/2 years!!). Of course I thought someone could have been spying on me the whole time & I wouldn't have known it...creepy. Ironic b/c I used to be a life model (heh), well one thing to have control over the situation, another to have some pervert spying....

So maybe not the best person to ask, however, sure am paranoid!!

Was the fan on while he was in the bathroom? Because when the fan's on and I'm in the bathroom I hear voices sometimes. I don't think that is very unusual. But I've also definitely gotten paranoid about people around me plotting against me or laughing at me for no reason. AAPs have helped me the most with that, particularly Geodon and Seroquel. Like everyone is saying talk to your doc about what happened. Maybe he/she can help.

Archived