CrazyBoards.org

feeling like a little kid

What the hell is wrong with me?!

More often than not when I SI I'm emotionless (there's a word for it but I forget) or some kind of hysterical.

I'm the same as I do whatever I need to do.

And the same for a while after.

But when I start feeling the stinging/cold burning sensations I feel like a little kid and just want to cry to someone that my arm hurts.

I can't explain it. What is this? Surely I can't be the only one to experience this.

You might be dissociating. When you cut your body release endorphins so you don't feel pain until later when they wear off. Do you feel numb or disconnected before you cut or just during?

I've also heard people (sometimes who haven't had great caregivers) talk about the cleaning and bandaging the injuries as a type of self-parenting.

Are you seeing a therapist? they would be the best person to answer your questions and teach you healthy non-destructive ways to deal with emotions.

You might be dissociating. When you cut your body release endorphins so you don't feel pain until later when they wear off. Do you feel numb or disconnected before you cut or just during?

I've also heard people (sometimes who haven't had great caregivers) talk about the cleaning and bandaging the injuries as a type of self-parenting.

Are you seeing a therapist? they would be the best person to answer your questions and teach you healthy non-destructive ways to deal with emotions.

Before, during and a little while after.

Waiting to see a counsellor, can't afford to travel to see a therapist.

I hope you can get in quickly. Are you seeing a psychiatrist or are they not available to you?

I don't know what country you live in.

Sorry this is a little delayed, been a little busy.

Psychiatrists are all out of town and can't come to the local surgery.

Live in Northern Ireland.

Archived