CrazyBoards.org

PTSD hallucination

I was diagnosed with PTSD from childhood trauma October 2010. I had a complete mental breakdown and started having panic attacks, depression, hallucinations, flash backs, nightmares...the whole candy store. I started medication and have slowly been getting my life back. Then last october I had to take a medical leave from my job. I was supposed to only be out 8 weeks, but I've had complications and I'm still out. Probably even going to loose my job. The job has been jerking me around and the stress seems to have brought on a relapse of symptoms.

Last night I was in the kitchen talking to my husband. he bent over to pick something up and I share I saw a person standing behind him.

I've been taking Abilify for intrusive thoughts, smelling hallucinations and a couple audio hallucinations.

I see my Tdoc tomorrow and my Pdoc a week from tuesday.

PTSD sucks. I spent two years inpatient as a small child due to trauma at home.

If you have all these sensations and memories to work with you might consider EMDR or inter-family systems therapy. My problem is I repress so strongly that I cant get at these memories and have chronic depression and anxiety. If I hadnt gotten treatment early on I know for a fact Id be a walking wreck today. =(

Archived