CrazyBoards.org

Am starting Latuda tonight. New doc today, said I'm "mild bipolar". Right now I'm in a severe depression, obsessive thinking, barely leaving bed etc. Not sure what to expect. Nervous about some stuff I've been reading about restlessness and insomnia since those are already issues. Hope Latuda can bring me out of this.

It hasn't done much for me. I'm gonna see about getting by without it.

Am starting Latuda tonight. New doc today, said I'm "mild bipolar". Right now I'm in a severe depression, obsessive thinking, barely leaving bed etc. Not sure what to expect. Nervous about some stuff I've been reading about restlessness and insomnia since those are already issues. Hope Latuda can bring me out of this.

I hope all works out for you!

It hasn't done much for me. I'm gonna see about getting by without it.

I hope all works out for you!

How long have you been on it Breezy? Are you still taking it. I guess I'm on day 4 or 5 now. The obsessive thoughts are slowing down but the mood hasn't lifted. Had a slip on my alcohol problem, had been clean for 5 months, then drank. I'm sure that's not gonna help matters much. The pain just got do bad I caved.

I started Latuda 40mg last night and within 2 hours I got horrible akathisia. It was the worst feeling. An internal restlessness, urge to constantly move, and sense of panic. I couldn't sleep and I felt like I couldn't breathe - like it was very laborious to breathe. It really was unbearable and I felt that if this is the cost of taking this drug, then I would rather be depressed. I took 1mg of Clonazepam and it helped a little and I was finally able to sleep. The clonazepam knocked me out and I slept for about 8 hours. Then this morning I woke up slightly fatigued (probably due to the Clonazepam) and still a bit restless. I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I continue taking it and take the clonazepam? Will it go away after a while? I'm dreading taking Latuda having that feeling again. Maybe there is something else I can take for the akathisia like Cogentin? I'm waiting to hear back from my pdoc.

I've tried all of theother AAPs (geodon, abilify, fanapt,etc.) and couldn't tolerate the different side effects. I feel like my body can't tolerate the AAPs which makes me sad.

Bipolar II and currently taking 400mg Lamictal and 400mg Wellbutrin

occasionally take Xanax or Clonazepam for anxiety

Edited by madillon

I started Latuda 40mg last night and within 2 hours I got horrible akathisia. It was the worst feeling. An internal restlessness, urge to constantly move, and sense of panic. I couldn't sleep and I felt like I couldn't breathe - like it was very laborious to breathe. It really was unbearable and I felt that if this is the cost of taking this drug, then I would rather be depressed. I took 1mg of Clonazepam and it helped a little and I was finally able to sleep. The clonazepam knocked me out and I slept for about 8 hours. Then this morning I woke up slightly fatigued (probably due to the Clonazepam) and still a bit restless. I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I continue taking it and take the clonazepam? Will it go away after a while? I'm dreading taking Latuda having that feeling again. Maybe there is something else I can take for the akathisia like Cogentin? I'm waiting to hear back from my pdoc.

I've tried all of theother AAPs (geodon, abilify, fanapt,etc.) and couldn't tolerate the different side effects. I feel like my body can't tolerate the AAPs which makes me sad.

Bipolar II and currently taking 400mg Lamictal and 400mg Wellbutrin

occasionally take Xanax or Clonazepam for anxiety

The akathisia does go away afterawhile. But you just have to weigh the pros vs the cons of taking an antipsychotic in general. You could try cogentin but definitely talk to your doc about this.

I am taking Latuda. I wonder why my doctor gave it to me if she knew I would have to take it with 350 cals a dose. I NEVER eat 350 cals at one sitting. I have an eating disorder and to do that would scare the shit out of me. It would make me starve myself for days. The nurse I got it from at the clinic said to do what I could and that would be good enough.

People are also telling me that the sleepiness that comes the day after I take it at night will go away. My brain will adjust to it I am told. I sure hopt that is true.

I've also had a weight gain of 1.5 pounds in about 1.5 - 2 weeks. I can live with that if it stabilizes my mood. I can lose that.

I wonder why my doctor gave it to me if she knew I would have to take it with 350 cals a dose. I NEVER eat 350 cals at one sitting. I have an eating disorder and to do that would scare the shit out of me. It would make me starve myself for days. The nurse I got it from at the clinic said to do what I could and that would be good enough.

that is EXACTLY how i feel about taking my geodon with food. my pdoc told me to take it with 500 calories, and i have to take it twice a day! i can't eat 500 kcal in one sitting, and i especially don't want to get in the habit of doing that TWICE a day!

so i take it on an empty stomach or with a little food [usually like 200 kcal] and hope for the best.