CrazyBoards.org

Crazyboards should have a Fan Page on Facebook

I personally wouldn't want that due to privacy issues. Every time I'm on here, there's a shit load of guests on. If they want to sign up, they should. There's already a lot of people that LOOK at the site but don't sign up anyway. I don't know where I was going with that.

I just don't want my shit all over facebook. I'd probably quit using the site.

Ditto privacy concerns would make me leave too if facebook was involved. I really can't take the added stress of how people treat you once they 'know' and that would be bad for me, so I won't use any of the facebook features like 'liking' pages or something. Just can't take the what if's it would bring up, and the who now knows that I don't want to know about my bipolar II? I can see what would be fun about it, but the whole point of facebook is promoting yourself with your real name....

Guest Vapourware

If there was a FB like page, I wouldn't click on it because I don't want the entire world knowing that I have a MI. Here is where I spill out some pretty personal stuff without having to worry about people I know reading about it, and that's how I want it to remain.

The reason I tend to 'do' crazyboards and not facebook is because CB lets me hang all my dirty laundry in private. The publicness of Facebook scares me a bit even with my freshly washed clothes. I just read today that FB is going to give companies access to cell phones and addresses.

I'm glad that facebook and crazyboards are separate, though I have an account on both. I'm not in the closet about my MI so that's not a concern - for me - but I know many people who are. I can see why they would not want everyone in the world to come here from there. I'd be against having a crazyboards facebook page.

The ability to remain anonymous is one of the biggest reasons I am comfortable here. I don't need anyone in real life to know any of the stuff I talk about here. Facebook is pretty anathema to me anyways, and the thought of tying it to this site is disturbing.

Signed,

Fairly Ancient Luddite

• 5 weeks later...

I understand that completely. But anyone can come on here and share any post/thread on FB, Twitter and all the others you have on the bottom of every topic. I'm surprised people aren't unhappy with that.

It's indexed by google as well.

Not much different.

People attaching their "real life" personas to their CB handles, or even just CB generally, is very different, however.

I understand that completely. But anyone can come on here and share any post/thread on FB, Twitter and all the others you have on the bottom of every topic. I'm surprised people aren't unhappy with that.

Maybe people can share a thread on FB or Twitter from here at Crazyboards, but mine are signed "olga" and that isn't my name in real life. I don't want my life on Crazyboards to be out there on Facebook, even with my username so different from my real name. As Catnapper said, being anonymous here is crucial for some of us.

• 1 month later...

i agree about the privacy concern. i would want to keep facebook and crazy boards seperate. here, i can get more personal, on facebook i try to keep everything somewhat "positive and happy and superficial." i air way more personal details on here than i ever would on facebook. so, i agree with the majority on this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived