CrazyBoards.org

I not usually aware of my own psychotic thinking, but I drifted into a "mode" of thinking and I took two steps back and stopped myself, I have been under a lot of stress lately, major riff and break with my family of origin, ending marriage, loss of job due to breakdown, I was walking and I felt threatened by something, I begin to think that I secretly knew all the architecture of a home and it was doomed to fall apart, I felt glad and horrorified by my "responsibility" and the same time, then I snapped out of it.

it made me think: I used to do this in the past, I felt threatened by something then I would assume I special powers to control it. It has been awhile since I thought this way.

Is this part of my DID, like me creating personalities to deal with a threat?

is it just a classic Psychosis b/c I am all maxed out coping-wise?

I need to think this though before I present it to my doctors, because It is not part of what is already on my very FULL PLATE of therapy

I am taking 200mg of seroquel plus lithium, I have felt depressed and slightly manic lately, but not irritable just anxious, sleeping really well...have a pdoc and tdoc and gp appt w/in weeks time

I'd appreciate ANY advice on what I should be asking myself or looking for so I can get it communicated well THANKS, I post alot lately

Guest Vapourware

I think sometimes it's easy to think that you have full responsibility for an event, but it's a false one because it's an overinflated sense of your sphere of influence. It's something that is not uncommon for people with psychosis. I remember having similar thoughts at one stage in thinking I could influence events just through thought, but of course that doesn't bourne out in reality. I partially suspect it was me wanting more control over my environment, which was stressful at the time, which exacerbated those thoughts.

It is good that you have enough insight to recognise that you don't have that amount of responsibility, as that goes a long way into helping yourself. It might be an idea to talk to your pdoc about those thoughts and see what s/he thinks.

I agree with Vapourware that you should raise this with your doctor. To me, it sounds like it could just be a momentary response to stress, or it could be the beginning of an episode.

Why not explain it to your doctor the way you've explained it to us? Achieving greater clarity about things like this is a big part of what our doctors are for.

Thanks Vapourware and SashaSue, I don't have much history about addressing this w/ my tdoc, it the past when I was more likely to do this, I was pretty unaware of anything, it's giving me some insite into my past. Hey I am wondering why I didn't throw a tiriad and scream at the house, like I did when I was not quite myself and was threatened by the Psych Ward Doctor...ah sweet memories, I think I was yelling for him to stop looking at me, I see him all the time at my pdoc office, yes I am hoping this dr too has greater clarity sbout my actions SashaSue sigh*

Archived