CrazyBoards.org

Major depression, ADHD,and/or maybe bipolar

Hi everyone, my names Kellee. I'm new to this site, but I love it already! I wish I new about this place sooner! Let me apologize first cuz I will prolly be jumping all over the place...... Anyway I'm 30 yes old and I was put on first Ad at age 13, I pretty much tried them all on and off the same thing with street meds? Self- medicating ? Currently I'm taking 200 mg zoloft,20 mg of Ritalin and 1/2 of a suboxone. Nothing working!!! I still isolate, have no motivation, drive or love for life! The Ritalin sucks but for some reasOn I have to wait a whole month to switch back to adderall ( the only thing that does help) street med don't even help any more! So a couple of my ? Would be what is the difference between bipolar and mdd? Has anyone been through this that maybe has some insight? Also with the whole add thing has anyone taking adderall and them switch to ridalin and the Ritalin does the total opposite?

Certainly, it's not that unusual to respond well to adderall and not ritalin, and vice versa. Some pople just seem to do better on one or the other.

The differences between mdd and bp 2 can be subtle... especially if you lean towards the depressed end of the spectrum most of the time, although maybe the street drugs are self medicating? Have you asked your doc about the possiblity of bp 2, given that most Ads don't seem to help you very much? that can be one way to make the differential, and something like lamictal might be a very different response set for you....

Also, welcome to the forum!

Anna

I feel like they think I'm drug seeking so they dint listen to what I'm saying. I just want to be happy!

Well drugs used for mental illness generally aren't addictive medications, so there's nothing to be "seeking".. if you know what I mean. It sounds right that they'd be cautious about the Ritalin, but bringing up these other medications shouldn't pose a problem. If you feel your pdoc isn't listening to you enough in general that is something that should be addressed. Sometimes a simple talk is all that's needed.

Anyway, welcome & I wish you luck! :)

Archived