CrazyBoards.org

Sleep talking

I apparently had an entire conversation with my boyfriend about a missing ingredient for guacamole last night and apparently got really agitated that we didn't have it. He told me we would find it in the morning and to just relax and I apparently rolled over and went back to sleep

Everyone tells me I talk in my sleep. But when they tell me what I say, nothing is very interesting. It all sounds really generic. I can't even recall an actual quotation, they were so boring.

I didn't talk last night, but my ears are stretched to 10mm. SOMEHOW, I'm not sure what I was doing in my sleep, but one of my plugs managed to work itself out my ear and wound up on the floor on my boyfriends side of the bed, on the floor. My sleep has been all over the place

i can't remember anything truly interesting or funny i've said in my sleep. i'm more of a sleepwalker than a sleep-talker.

the funniest thing i think i ever did was while so very sleep-deprived after my daughter was born (19 years ago). we had a terrible time with nursing, so i used to pump breast milk and feed her with a bottle.

one night, i got out of bed when i heard her cry in the night (feeding time). instead of walking to the kitchen and taking a bottle out of the fridge, her father watched me take take an empty bottle from the cupboard, open the refrigerator, and hold the bottle to my chest. i stood and did that for several minutes, completely asleep. it looked utterly ridiculous, me standing there snoring and leaning on the open fridge with a plastic bottle stuck to my boob, leaking breast milk and totally oblivious that the plastic was neither a pump nor a baby. i'm so glad this was before the era of affordable digital cameras...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always talked in my sleep, usually it doesn't wake me up. There are only 2 things I remember being told I said though..

When I was little my grandmother told me I would tell her entire stories in my sleep (i loved story time with her!).

The other is yelling "Apple" over and over and over (my room mate still laughs over this one, years later). This actually woke me up! I don't remember the dream I was having before the "apple" part.. but I know it had turned lucid (I knew I was dreaming). I just remember saying "Apple" over and over (getting louder) until it woke me up! I wasn't sure I had actually said it after waking up though. It was confirmed when the next morning my room mate bought me an apple.. lol.

I also hold full conversations while on the phone.. I guess some times I sound awake but other times its easy to tell I'm still asleep? My grandmother is the only one that can really pick up on me talking to her on the phone while sleeping though, she calls back a few hours later, lol.

I remember my mother talking in her sleep when I was little (I "woke" her up a lot in the middle of the night).. I still remember one time she told me she would take me to buy the blocks when the candy store opened? lol

• 2 weeks later...

I should set a sound-activated recorder next to my bed because I do talk in my sleep (It's a recent phenomenon -- only over the past two or three years) and, since I'm such a light sleeper, when I do, I wake myself up. I'll often remember what I said in the morning, and sometimes the dream associated with it, but not for long.

I should write that stuff down. The few times someone has been in the same room with me during this, i'm told it was interesting to hear.

Archived