CrazyBoards.org

I want to lower Effexor

I have a pretty bad depression problem, effexor has helped me a lot, but lately I feel uncomfortable on it and I've also lost my appetite completely. I'm on 300mg effexor XR, 50g seroquel, and .5mg ativan.

I don't know what it is, it feels sometimes like I'm taking too much and not comfortable at all.

What's the best way to lower effexor and what am I going to feel? I'm thinking about dropping it down to 225mg when I talk to my pdoc.

Asking to go down when you talk to your pdoc sounds like a good idea. I had problems on Effexor, and it increased as the dose did. If you're feeling it off it's a good thing to consider and then weigh the benefit of lowering the dose with the benefit of how effective the med will be. That of course is assuming you notice a difference.

When I was on Effexor I felt pretty good on 225mg but when it was increased to 300 I felt pretty anxious and agitated. It sounds like you are in a similar situation. I imagine you would go back to feeling how you did before on 225mg. If you've been on it a long time you may experience some withdrawal symptoms while you're adjusting to the lowered dose.

When you say you feel uncomfortable, or like you're taking too much effexor, that's all so vague, I have no idea what is really going on with you. If the effexor has been good for your depression, I wouldn't be in a hurry to make any big changes. 75 mg is a pretty huge decrease. How did you hit upon that number?

When you say you feel uncomfortable, or like you're taking too much effexor, that's all so vague, I have no idea what is really going on with you. If the effexor has been good for your depression, I wouldn't be in a hurry to make any big changes. 75 mg is a pretty huge decrease. How did you hit upon that number?

Simply rounded it off. If there is a slower way to decrease it i'm all for it.

Does the removal of the beads one day at a time still work with XR?

Hard to describe the way I feel really, you know how it's hard to tell others how u feel with these types of things. I guess i just feel a bit lethargic, apathetic, a little overmedicated. But at the same time I accept the very real possibility that my depression is resurfacing. That's what I hate about this. I wish they could just run a test.

That's not a good idea. Some of the beads are extended and some are standard release. You'd have no way to know what your reaction and level is.. it's too variable.

That's not a good idea. Some of the beads are extended and some are standard release. You'd have no way to know what your reaction and level is.. it's too variable.

duely noted I'll see if i can get some 75mg capsules instead.

Archived