CrazyBoards.org

I love it and wish I could give a copy to my patients who reject immunizations ..we just had a couple cases of measles in Clark Co and there are 9 kids on quarantine in a Private Christian school there who have not been immunized

we forget how shitty disease is because we have been immunizing for the lifetime of parents so they have not seen the brutality of the diseases ...

measles can cause a childs brain to swell and who knows if you do not immunize your child can have a bigger brain ..but since it will not fit in the skull and can not stand the pressure it is not as good as it sounds

sorry that was a sick sad attempt at humor from a very tired nurse

I am just so flipping sick of people who are so selfish they will not protect the community from such horrific diseases due to stupid reasoning

I just realized some chiropractors reccomend against immunizing kids

I already was pissed at them for the shit they promise to cure when the reality is they are good for pain and that is IT ...but I digress on my lack of confidence in these "practioners" (especially since I checked around and read up on a few locals and found out ..yes they tell parents not to immunize then give a huge line of bullshit as to why not...now mind you not ALL do this ..good chiro's treat pain ...bad chiros treat systemic and autoimmune disease while they sell expensive summplements that are nothing but shit

measles can cause a childs brain to swell and who knows if you do not immunize your child can have a bigger brain ..but since it will not fit in the skull and can not stand the pressure it is not as good as it sounds

Move over Baby Mozart. Looks like you're out of a job. Heh.

I am very amused by this video. I worked with a little boy who has autism. His mom whole heartedly believed in the vaccine garbage and so she was taking him to chelation several times a week. I would come over to do ABA therapy with him and he would just crawl up into my lap and cry because he was in so much pain from the chelation. I would just rock him. I felt so bad for the poor little guy.

this guy is nice I sent a note to him and he gave me a link to download it so I can take it to work to give the peds dept! I immunize kids on a regular basis and I am you telling people are so strange in the reasoning ...(there is a pretty long thread about this somewhere) anyway I will have parents bring a while household of kids in for flu shots but not immunize themselves for it and have honestly told me it was because they thought it was a "governement conspiracy" to immunize and "do not believe in it" .."but the school makes us" ?

so they immunize 4 plus kids but then they get sick ..ever have full blown influenza with a house full of healthy kids??? then what can I say to this mother who comes in for IV fluids breathing treatments and antibiotics for pneumonia? ..nothing I just do IV fluids antibiotics and a breathing treatment for her pneumonia and know maybe she will get a shot next year?? right? I do at some point remind her that when she is well again she can come back and for her a flu shot so she is not at risk for second case if she is exposed to one of the other strains? Especially since she is now compromised for the rest of the cold and flu season ...but wow do I digress here..this subject brings me to the surface everytime I think ..i just get so frustrated with the reasonings

it is also funny since that doctor got popped for making that shit up about austism and the MMR ..people are still defending him you know???? but part of that is because if they give up their stand and figure out they are wrong then are they "bad parents"?

immunizations do not cause autism

immunizations stimulate your body to make it think it has already had a diseease ..it is the best short cut we can take in life to a good end ..my body thinks it had hep b ..now I will never get it if exposed ..voila' what could be better? and I never was "ill" ..

it the single best measure we can take with both children and adults to keep our world healthy

I am also a big vaccine fan, I lived in Africa for a couple of years and have seen up close what a lack of vaccines looks like. I have a friend that didn't vaccinate her kid, and I told her she should visit India or Africa and maybe she would change her mind. Now that the kid is in public high school she had to get her shots, and I think that's the only way a lot of people's kids finally get shots, which is stupid beyond words to me.

I had someone tell me they did not want to immunize because it was just a big industry and that these huge companies care nothing about our kids and all about money

well DUHHHHH!!!! LOLOL!!! Look at our country in general ..if it does not make money we would not be interested in it!

I mean seriously ..people vote against universal healthcare but think flu vaccines are and I quote "I do not trust they this is a big conspiracy" ...well yeah of all conspiracies I am thinking flu vaccines are not exactly on the top of the priority list...

we vaccinate to keep people healthy and sometimes I just get flat out pissed off personally that I would devote my ..crazy self to a career that believes and promotes keeping kids and adults safe from deadly disease...like somehow I never did any research to support my work???

I am just a tool for the man!!!! that is what I am :dunce:

please ..I just think if folks do not immunize then wear a damn mask would you please and protect us from your choice to stand on the edge of a cliff! if your kids get sick and they are not immunized do not come russing into my clinic having them spew everywhere ..

funny how the folks that do not trust immunizing come in for every slight cold ..fever and pukefest ...and get pissed when I aske them to put masks on

WHAT EVER!!!!

(this is fresh I just had this discussion yesterday with someone who thinks I am an agent for the man...right ...that is me for sure!)

polio - imagine that returning

very frightening indeed

I had not yet gotten my flu vaccines in the fall of 2009

I caught H1N1 in October which developed into Pneumonia,

and then I relapsed and had Pneumonia a second time

I was very sick for three months and definitely could have died

Wonder, I think a LOT of DC do not believe in vaccination and actively discourage it

our collective memory has forgotten how serious those childhood illness are

my mother talks about not being allowed to go swimming in the summer because of fear of polio

Archived