CrazyBoards.org

Hello guys, I thought I may come by and see what is going on. I have been diagnosed for quite some time with major depression. It's sort of a family thing. My great aunt died in a mental institution and was regularly given electroshock therapy. My Mother was treated for depression for the last 10 years of her life. We have a tendency to just sort of "deal with it" but I've came to the point where I had to seek help. I was suicidal after a bunch of things happened in my life. I started therapy and medication and like everyone else have had my up and downs. Now is a down time but I'll make it through, I always have.

Welcome, DarkSide! You will find lots of good company here. I also have major depression (among other things) and it's a family thing for me too...sisters...mother...grandmother. I also just "dealt with" my depression for many years before finally seeking help last year when I became suicidal. And there are lots of other folks here with similar stories. So join the club! :)

Hello and welcome. You will find a good bunch of people here

(I exclude myself from that estimation, just on being personally involved)

Depression and the dark side I've known for years; while I haven't won, I haven't lost either.

Nice to meet *the* Dark Side.

Chris.

Welcome to our friendly little nuthouse, Dark Side! Be sure to read the rules when you have time, and don't be afraid to contact a mod if you have a question.

I have struggled with depression as well, and I'm glad you are in therapy and trying meds. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

olga

Welcome DarkSide, I have had bipolar disorder that has been untreated for ten years, so I know depression well. I also have relatives who have been institutionalized and given ECT. I find thi place a great help, let us know if you need any help in accessing and using the site.

Thank you all.

Chris-LOL, I've been the DarkSide for a few years now.

I've been having a "coulda", "shoulda", woulda" syndrome for a week or two now. I hate going through periods like this but it goes along with the territory. The only thing I have going for me now is my husband and my pets. It seems when one thing goes wrong-everything goes wrong and piles on top of it. I'm sure it happens for everyone else too but it's hard to go through.

I'll cycle through though. It's happened before and it'll happen again I'm sure.

Thanks again for all of the support. :)

Archived