CrazyBoards.org

Using "View New Content" When Internet Goes Down

I have a fairly crappy satellite connection that goes off occasionally. I like to use "View New Posts" to stay caught up. When the satellite goes off and the connection is then restored, the "View New Posts" only shows things from when the connection was lost. I can then go through forum by forum and read back to the last date I was on, which is my current work-around. Is there any way to get the "View New Posts" to restore itself to an earlier date? Thanks.

Use the Today's active content found at the bottom of the Forums page

On the first page of the screen there is a selection beginning with 24 hours Active in the last... pick which option works best for you and got to the last date your were on line.

Edited to complete the post as a five pound pooch stepped directly on the enter key.

I like the "Today's Active Content" and have bookmarked the URL so that's how I view the forums almost all the time. I put a shortcut for the bookmark on my browser bar, so that's what I hit when I want to refresh and see what's new. It's really easy, and I seem to not miss much that way.

That's exactly what I do too.

Archived