CrazyBoards.org

After being manic for 4 days and having a major hallucination, I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder.

Bipolar seems to be a family club. My Grandmother, mother, sister, niece, younger brother, and now me.

As a result my Abilify has been upped to 5mgs.

I was told I have functional mania set off by early menopause. (I'm 42)

It was very strange. One day I was crying non stop and couldn't get out of bed, and the next day not only did I get up, but I'v been moving non stop.

I now have Generalized Anxiety, PTSD, and Bipolar. Yay Me!!!

Guest Vapourware

I hope the new diagnosis helps you in finding effective treatment. It can be a bit overwhelming at first but there's a wealth of information out there. You might also want to start mood tracking to see how your moods are from day to day.

Yay, you - yes!!

Interesting that this is connected to early menopause for you. Hormones are powerful things. I'm 43 and am having perimenopausal symptoms, most notably menstruating every three weeks, for a week at a time. Birth control pills would regulate my cycle, but the last time I was on the pill I had the angry/weepy/swingiest mood swings ever, so for now I'm camping out in the feminine hygiene aisle.

I strongly support Vapourware's suggestion of keeping track of your moods - I used to keep a daily chart of my meds, sleep, mood, and "notes," and it was enormously helpful to me AND my pdoc. I still do that sometimes, if I'm going through a tricky time.

Archived