CrazyBoards.org

Now is a moment when I appreciate how well my meds usually work

I had life-long insomnia until 3 years or so ago when I started on Abilify and lithium. Since then, I almost never have any trouble falling asleep, except for the occasional night like tonight. Can't sleep. Ugh. I've taken some Xanax and eaten a plum, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to nod off soon. I often found, in the bad old days, that it helped to get up and do something else for a while. Buy mostly I'm thinking about how grateful I am for these meds that make me sleep. I've grown complacent and have forgotten how awful it feels to be involuntarily wide awake at 2:30 AM, especially when you know you have to get up early regardless. Anyone else have this kind of experience?

I can't say I experienced quite so dramatic an improvement, but yes my meds have helped my sleep tremendously. Likewise, there are still nights when I can't get slowed down to sleep without more help.

a.m.

p.s. Was that an Immediate Release or Controlled Release plum? :) Hope you got some sleep after all!

p.s. Was that an Immediate Release or Controlled Release plum? :) Hope you got some sleep after all!

Definitely an IR plum - it's great while you're eating it, but when it's gone, it's gone.

Yes, daily. I hate that I can't sleep well without it.

I hate it too, though I think I've come to some uneasy peace with it.

They used to. I appreciate the difference every night now.

So they aren't working for sleep these days? Sorry Stacia. Anything you can do?

Oh yeah... for sleep for sure, and also meds in general. I've been raking through the course of my disorder for an art project I'm working on, and reading through my journals from when I was up, down, everywhere in between has been both comforting and horrible. What a reminder! I've had the luxury of letting most of that sink into the past. I do credit myself with some of my steadiness but I am endlessly thankful I live in a time we have effective psych meds. Side effects aside, I am very very grateful for my meds.

I so miss sleep! When I was taking seroquel, I had the best, most regularly scheduled, sleep of my life. Now I'm taking Saphris, which is, in every other respect, a better med for me. But my sleep is a big mess.

Archived