CrazyBoards.org

Eating Myself Out of House and Home

Right, so now after being on Paxil, clonazepam, BuSpar, and Wellbutrin forever, I have started having an eating problem. And when I say problem, I mean eating ALL THE TIME! I even got out of bed last night, came into the kitchen and made toast with butter. I CAN'T do this! I cannot gain back the weight I've lost. I was just getting into a decent body image when this sprang upon me from nowhere. What do I do?? I have already had three meals this morning and it's just noon my time.

Is there something with the meds that someone can advise me on or am I just going through another phase of depression that I haven't done before?

It's gotten worse in the last couple of days but I've been doing this on and off for a couple of months. It's really freaking me out though. They tried to put me on Wellbutrin twice a day to prevent the eating but I had the "jerks" after several days on it so they backed me off to just once a day. I don't understand what is triggering it in runs like this. I tend to have times when I eat healthy and my appetite is normal and then it's like I've become an automatic eating machine.

This sort of over-eating probably comes from something psych-related and not related to real hunger. At least thats how it is for me. I crave carbs because my brain wants to go into overdrive on sugar or something.

The only thing that has ever tamed that is topamax. Whether you would want to take it for eating problems Im not sure, it has a lot of side effects.

It's gotten worse in the last couple of days but I've been doing this on and off for a couple of months. It's really freaking me out though. They tried to put me on Wellbutrin twice a day to prevent the eating but I had the "jerks" after several days on it so they backed me off to just once a day. I don't understand what is triggering it in runs like this. I tend to have times when I eat healthy and my appetite is normal and then it's like I've become an automatic eating machine.

by "jerks" do u mean irritability or actual physical jerks?

i get to be an eating machine sometimes too, i dont normally eat healthy anyways, and let myself become caught in an eating gorge type issue by not eating enough during the day and instead eating crap at night. i find that if i eat something healthy instead of carbs or something with simple sugars, i find that i can abstain from food less and eat better, it's still really really tough, to abstain from carbs, but im still eating whole grain, oats, and nuts.

Archived