CrazyBoards.org

hey..new here..

got a few adhd questions.. i found out i had adhd when i was in high school.. i took dex for a while but i ended up not taking no meds for years

but i have been having trouble focus'n and sleeping alot recently..

im going to a doc tomorrow.. i really dont like how the meds made me feel the dexadreme(sp?) mostly

should i try to get some diff meds and what should i try to do for sleep

Hi, welcome. So are you saying that you have been sleeping a lot? That and trouble concentrating can be symptoms of depression. Even if you have ADHD, depression will make your symptoms worse. If you do have depression and it's interfering with your life, the doctor may prescribe something to help you with that. What about the Dexedrine didn't you like? There are many other meds for ADHD, each of which feels slightly different, and some people have to try a few before they find something that works for them. Are you seeing a psychiatrist (pdoc) or a regular medical doctor (mdoc or GP)? Either way, tell them everything you are feeling and your concerns, and don't hold back, as they can't help you if they don't know what's going on.

Good luck, and let us know what happens tomorrow.

Hi, welcome. So are you saying that you have been sleeping a lot? That and trouble concentrating can be symptoms of depression. Even if you have ADHD, depression will make your symptoms worse. If you do have depression and it's interfering with your life, the doctor may prescribe something to help you with that. What about the Dexedrine didn't you like? There are many other meds for ADHD, each of which feels slightly different, and some people have to try a few before they find something that works for them. Are you seeing a psychiatrist (pdoc) or a regular medical doctor (mdoc or GP)? Either way, tell them everything you are feeling and your concerns, and don't hold back, as they can't help you if they don't know what's going on.

Good luck, and let us know what happens tomorrow.

no my trouble is not being able to sleep.. and i do feel depressed alotta times but im not sure what that means

If these are new symptom, the sleepiness and the distractability, then it may very well be something other than ADHD. Despression can make you sleep a lot and make you not able to focus. You'd be better off going to your doctor and telling him your symptoms. Let him talk with you to figure out whether you've got depression or are having trouble with ADHD symptoms or have something completely different. We can't do that here over the Internet. Besides, none of us are doctors.

im going to see a doctor tomorrow about how i been feeling i been going thru alotta shit here recently i do feel depressed but im not sure if that means i actually suffer from depression..but im a recovering addict so im sure that doesnt help any

I agree with everyone that the best thing to do is to go in and talk to the doctors about what has been going on with you, they will be the best person to provide you with the appropriate dx and tx, whether it's adhd or something else.

If you're having trouble sleeping, traditional Adhd meds might exacerabate that... .how long has this been going on?

Anna

Make some quick notes for you appt. How you've been feeling, your thinking abilities, how your sleep has been, and how you've acting if anything out of the ordinary. The purpose is so you have something to remind you what to say when your doc asks why you are there. Most likely, after you give your description, your doc will ask questions and lead you thru the rest of the appt.

I agree with everyone that the best thing to do is to go in and talk to the doctors about what has been going on with you, they will be the best person to provide you with the appropriate dx and tx, whether it's adhd or something else.

If you're having trouble sleeping, traditional Adhd meds might exacerabate that... .how long has this been going on?

Anna

well its been goin on ever since i was outta highschool and im 29 now... but i was doing alotta drugs til just gettin clean recently when i was on drugs i could sleep well

but i always had trouble focus'n and what not

ok taking notes seems like a good idea i will try that

and thank yall for replying to me rolleyes.gif

Archived